HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   First Bow Deer- Freshly Mounted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/338917-first-bow-deer-freshly-mounted.html)

tsaxybabe 01-23-2011 02:03 PM

First Bow Deer- Freshly Mounted

The taxidermist called last night to tell me he just got my deer on the wall, so I went over to see it. It still has to dry for at least 4 weeks before he'll let me take it but I took a couple of quick cell phone pics to show you guys for now. They're not the best quality but I'll post real pics when I can bring him home and control the lighting.

When I first took the deer to the taxidermist, he asked what form I wanted and I just pointed to one on his wall that I liked a lot. Well, when I saw my buck I could tell the form he used was NOTHING like the one I had originally chosen. But he did a fantastic job and I really like it a lot. Even though it's a lot more "straight up" than I had originally wanted (asked for semi sneak). I like the head turn though, something a little more unique than the same pose everyone seems to get. The taxi is a perfectionist, and it shows. Once this deer is totally finished I'll post some detailed shots of the eyes, etc. He does excellent work for a good price.

Another thing...I did not notice this when I first shot the deer..but when I saw the mount my jaw dropped! He has a faint double white patch! It's small, but its definitely there. I can't believe I didn't see it til now! Pretty much made my day. I can't wait to get him home and on my wall!

By the way..if you think he's ugly, don't tell me :) I am incredibly happy with him and I'll feel bad if you don't like him.

Wolf killer 01-23-2011 02:15 PM

Very nice looking whitetail buck young lady! You sould be very proud of yourself for shooting such a big buck!

tsaxybabe 01-23-2011 02:20 PM

Thank you :) He scored 161"

blakefrautschi 01-23-2011 08:30 PM

thats actually one of my favorite poses for should mounts... and that is one hellova first bow deer!!!!!!

MeanV2 01-24-2011 08:02 AM

Congrats!! Awesome Deer and Nice mount! :)

Dan

turkeyhunter2314tec 01-24-2011 10:19 AM

no doubt a nice one.

RLoving1 01-25-2011 09:49 AM

If someone says thats ugly then sign me up to hunt a ugly deer! Thats a impressive deer.

Bob H in NH 01-26-2011 05:13 AM

What kind of bow is that? It almost looks like a Genesis?

NICE buck!

Ohio Bowhunter75 01-26-2011 06:36 AM

Congrats he will look good on your wall.

tsaxybabe 01-26-2011 06:47 AM

It is a Mission Menace. I really like it.

And he will look INCREDIBLE on my wall, right next to my fiance's 155" buck he got last year. If he gets done in time, I might take him to the Iowa Deer Classic in Des Moines. Last year in the Ladies division, the winner was 165". Mine's close to that so maybe I will win a prize :)