Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First Bow Deer- Freshly Mounted >

First Bow Deer- Freshly Mounted

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Bow Deer- Freshly Mounted

Old 01-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default First Bow Deer- Freshly Mounted

The taxidermist called last night to tell me he just got my deer on the wall, so I went over to see it. It still has to dry for at least 4 weeks before he'll let me take it but I took a couple of quick cell phone pics to show you guys for now. They're not the best quality but I'll post real pics when I can bring him home and control the lighting.

When I first took the deer to the taxidermist, he asked what form I wanted and I just pointed to one on his wall that I liked a lot. Well, when I saw my buck I could tell the form he used was NOTHING like the one I had originally chosen. But he did a fantastic job and I really like it a lot. Even though it's a lot more "straight up" than I had originally wanted (asked for semi sneak). I like the head turn though, something a little more unique than the same pose everyone seems to get. The taxi is a perfectionist, and it shows. Once this deer is totally finished I'll post some detailed shots of the eyes, etc. He does excellent work for a good price.

Another thing...I did not notice this when I first shot the deer..but when I saw the mount my jaw dropped! He has a faint double white patch! It's small, but its definitely there. I can't believe I didn't see it til now! Pretty much made my day. I can't wait to get him home and on my wall!

By the way..if you think he's ugly, don't tell me I am incredibly happy with him and I'll feel bad if you don't like him.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice looking whitetail buck young lady! You sould be very proud of yourself for shooting such a big buck!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you He scored 161"
Old 01-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

thats actually one of my favorite poses for should mounts... and that is one hellova first bow deer!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!! Awesome Deer and Nice mount!

Dan
Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Spike

no doubt a nice one.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

If someone says thats ugly then sign me up to hunt a ugly deer! Thats a impressive deer.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of bow is that? It almost looks like a Genesis?

NICE buck!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats he will look good on your wall.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

It is a Mission Menace. I really like it.

And he will look INCREDIBLE on my wall, right next to my fiance's 155" buck he got last year. If he gets done in time, I might take him to the Iowa Deer Classic in Des Moines. Last year in the Ladies division, the winner was 165". Mine's close to that so maybe I will win a prize

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.