HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Savanna EXT Scent-Lock suit. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/337988-savanna-ext-scent-lock-suit.html)

BigDaddy12t 01-09-2011 11:02 AM

Savanna EXT Scent-Lock suit.

Well, I turned the big 44 today, and my lovely wife got be one of these suits. Got it at Cabelas for $100, normally $280. It is the one peice coveralls, and it came with the hat-facemask, and the gloves. This is my first scentlock stuff, and I have a bunch of questions.
1. do I wash it before I where it the first time? The tag sais to wash it 2-3 times a year, and to throw it in the dryer for an hour to activate it. How often do I throw it in the dryer?

2.I have a 3-d leafy suit, that I have always wore. The scentlock suit is always wore as an outer garment isnt it? It is not really thick, so I wont be able to where anything really bulky under it. But I was thinking that early season I can where pretty much whatever I want under it, and then put the suit on at the truck, or even at my stand.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to know about scent-lock. Orif anyone has one of these suits, how do you like them.

crabclaw 01-09-2011 04:49 PM

Happy belated B-Day Darren. You definately want to wash it prior to wearing it out hunting. I hope this doesn't shock you but you won't be able to activate it, a household dryer can't get hot enough. I have a two piece Savanna suit that I wear for the early season. I wear a pair of shorts and scent blocker t-shirt under it.
Hope this helps you out and once again :birthday:

BigDaddy12t 01-09-2011 05:20 PM

Thanks Cliff! So how do you activate it then? Or dont you.

crabclaw 01-09-2011 05:50 PM

You really can't, there has been numerous threads on here about whether scent lock & scent blocker actually work. Scent lock was sued this past year for false advertising. I myself dont believe that it does what they claim, I got a deal similar to yours on my suit and I live about twenty minutes from the Robinson outdoors store in Cannon Falls every year they have a big sale and you can buy Scent Blocker clothing really cheap. I bought their Outfitter suit for $100.00 this past Sept. It would have cost me over $300.00 at Gander Mountain or Cabellas.

MeanV2 01-10-2011 09:12 AM

Scent Blocker/Scent Loc can be one very small part of hunting as scent free as possible.

As far as I am concerned scent control is a do all or forget it proposition :)

Enjoy it!

Dan

halfbakedi420 01-10-2011 09:40 AM

well, it takes 900 degrees to "clean" carbon.
it really dont make sense...these suits should come in scent free bags, because they are absorbing the stuff in the air at the bass pro shop, or cabella, or whatever...so now ya have 5000 peoples' skin particles on there.
i was a die hard scent lock person, and still use mine today, but have come to the conclusion that using oldschool methods on this "modern" item is the best i can do with it.
i am in the process of usin an old gas dryer, "jerry rigged", but can only get it to about 550-600 degrees on the best day.
someone figure out the dryer, we'll be good....or if they package the suits instead of just hangin em out there, you wouldnt need to wash it 1st.