Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Gun/Hunting Ban On Public Land!!!! >

Gun/Hunting Ban On Public Land!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gun/Hunting Ban On Public Land!!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Spike

I was there 2 hours before the duck hunter showed up. I'm not saying all gun hunters are bad but some show little regard for the safety of others. Again not nocking gun hunters but just because you own a gun doesn't mean you should be hunting if you can't shoot safely.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Frosty452
I was there 2 hours before the duck hunter showed up. I'm not saying all gun hunters are bad but some show little regard for the safety of others. Again not nocking gun hunters but just because you own a gun doesn't mean you should be hunting if you can't shoot safely.
Yeah, theres this thing called a hunters safety class ,I believe every state requires it before issuing a license, and theres plenty of bone headed bowhunters out there too.

BTW I duck hunt as well as gun/bow deer hunt, IME steel shot barely makes it across the 100yd swamp I hunt, I wouldnt worry about it reaching your treestand unless youre right on the edge of the water which wouldnt be too wise on public land during duck season.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think I have ever been bird hunting with multiple hunters and haven't been showered with shot from the air. Big deal. Go sit on a dove field some time.

The Court feels that the noise associated with gun hunting could harm the quality of the recreational experience of hikers, backpackers, and cross country skiers. Additionally, the Court ruled that the Forest Service had to consider closing these areas if other public hunting land was available for gun hunting nearby.
Last time I checked hunters pay the same taxes and fees that the hikers, backpackers, and skiers do. Actually, hunters pay a hell of a lot more in fees and taxes for land and animal conservation than the typical hiker and skier and if it weren't for the hunters there likely wouldn't be the animal population in the national forest that there is.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

cant we all just get abong?
i do agree, i couldnt be happier that there are public lands around here that are bow only. i think it puts me more at ease, knowing i wont get shot by a stray bullet that wondered a mile outta its way to strike me dead.
we have bow only area, and some that are rifle, xbow and bow..i do wish those were bow only as well, because they are 2 hours closer lol
i think havin bow only, give the deer a chance at gettin bigger, cause not alot of guys are willin to put the work in to nail a deer with the bow, equals less kills a year..imo
Old 01-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Spike

Wow, some of the comments from the bow-only crowd almost makes me wish I had never taken up bowhunting. I've been rifle hunting for five years and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Can't believe how split the hunting crowd is...If hunting ever gets banned it won't be because of the anti's, because we're tearing ourselves apart all by ourselves.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OkieOFT
Wow, some of the comments from the bow-only crowd almost makes me wish I had never taken up bowhunting. I've been rifle hunting for five years and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Can't believe how split the hunting crowd is...If hunting ever gets banned it won't be because of the anti's, because we're tearing ourselves apart all by ourselves.
Yeah its pretty sad, I bow and gun hunt, and I rarely deer hunt public land these days but it still aggravates me to hear all this anti-gun talk from so called hunter. all the bow only crowd cares about, is that they have a free place all to themselves to hunt. Complete narcissistic attitude, sign o the times I guess.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

A ban on hunting because of the weapon you choose to use is just one closer step on a ban on all hunting. I was watching spirit of the wild and nugent was ranting about a law in Michigan was trying to pass, that you couldn't hunt over spilled grain. Did that go through?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
There's no gun hunting on the State Land that I hunt and I LOVE it! So, I guess I can't be of much help.
We as hunters need to support other hunters. Banning any form of hunting is just the start to a ban on all hunting.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a deer hunter and I use a compound bow, a .270 rifle and a muzzleloader. As an avid deer hunter, I support anyone who hunts legally and ethically with their weapon or weapons of choice. I think it's wrong to limit hunting to one weapon over another. When that happens and certain hunters support it, then that could be the beginning of the end to all hunting.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm all for them taking some land that's currently off-limits to hunting.....and making that a bow-only area.

But, to take land away from hunters......I'll NEVER be in favor of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.