Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many buck fights have you seen from your stand???

Old 07-23-2003, 12:33 AM

Default How many buck fights have you seen from your stand???

I have been in the woods for 16 years and I have never seen it. I do have nice video of 2 bucks scrapping in my back yard but even that was mostly playful but got serious a few times.

Try to describe the fight and it' s level of intensity if you have seen one.

Old 07-23-2003, 02:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many buck fights have you seen from your stand???

I wont even try and guess how many I' ve seen. I will say that I watched two bucks fight for about 20 minutes and on another outing watched two bucks spar on and off for a couple hours just last year. I' ve seen alot of fights and sparring over the years , but I never seen anything until I started hunting all day long during the rut , especially the two weeks before prime rut.

The very first time I heard two bucks fight I damn near fell out of my tree they scared me so bad! They were probably 30 yards behind me when they crashed together[] Believe me , when you wittness two bruisers hook up you' ll hear it 100 yards away!
Normally they usually just spar long enough for the bigger or stronger one to show his dominance which doesn' t last long and isn' t the loud cracking of a big fight. But when you get the rare occasion to see two mature dominate bucks fight your in for a treat! Thats when you' ll understand why so many bowhunters like to crack the big ones together for awhile. Try rattling with two people during prime rut. Put the person rattling on the ground (hidden) about 30 yards up wind from you.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

i havent either, but i willing
Old 07-23-2003, 03:50 AM

I can remember only two actual fights. The other 12 or so were just horn tickling shoving matches.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:51 AM

i would love to see to bucks go at it ...

big al bowmansville ny wny
Old 07-23-2003, 05:15 AM

You do have to have 2 bucks in front of you to see this right!
The deer herd aint that plentiful here that I' ll ever get the opportunity to see them. I have deer But I' ve never saw @ bucks together while I was in the stand[&o]
AL
Old 07-23-2003, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve never had the pleasure of two bucks facing off in sight of me.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve seen it a couple of times, but they weren' t all out fights. More like sparring matches, alot of pushing and shoving. I will say however, I don' t think there is a tremendous amount of fighting where I hunt, because every buck out there probably has 10 does. In areas where the buck/doe ratio is much closer, I' ll bet those folks see many more " real" fights.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

I have only seen one actual fight and it ended with the 2 locked. I ended up getting my hunting buddy and we put them out of their misery. I had them mounted in the locked position. I makes for a great conversation piece. This was the later part of the rut in a year when we hadn' t been seeing much activity. Other than that I have seen a few minor little pushing matches early in the season.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:31 AM

Got to see two small bucks sparring this past season. They were 20 yards in front of my stand and wouldn' t stay still long enough to get a shot at either one of them. The slightly larger of the two finally chased the other off and didn' t come back.

I' ll tell you one thing. You really haven' t seen an animal move fast until you watch them fighting. They are some kinda quick.

Quick Reply: How many buck fights have you seen from your stand???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.