HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Black vrs. Camo (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/337631-black-vrs-camo.html)

cterbow 01-04-2011 06:38 AM

Black vrs. Camo

For those of you who shoot a black bow have you noticed any kind of a disadvantage such as being busted due to the black color of your bow.

Just trying to gather information because i just bought a black bow and i am wondering if i need to get it dipped or whether that would not make a difference.

LKNCHOPPERS 01-04-2011 07:26 AM

Others may disagree but I think you don't need a camo bow at all. As long as it's not shiny or a bright color it really doesn't matter. Look at guns most are not camo and they do fine. Camo just breaks up an outline to some extent but a bow or gun is so thin there is not much outline to break up. I would stay away from blue, yellow and shiney bows for deer hunting. Black blends in pretty well. All this camo dipping looks good to a person but a deer won't notice.

halfbakedi420 01-04-2011 08:06 AM

straight lines will usually give you away, as there arnt any in nature.
black in a pop up blind is good.

ahunter55 01-04-2011 08:19 AM

I've used Black many years in the past-no problem. Shine or glare is the give away. Also, as far as a blind goes, IF it's dark inside either works.
If you limbs are shiny black just put a strip of camo tape on it. doesn't hurt the finish or performance of your bow.

blind-Have a buddy get inside your blind in front of a window & zoom in with a video camera from say 15 yds. if it's dark you won't see him until your Zoomed in real close...My brother & I did this experiment to find out.

halfbakedi420 01-04-2011 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ahunter55 (Post 3752584)
I've used Black many years in the past-no problem. Shine or glare is the give away. Also, as far as a blind goes, IF it's dark inside either works.
If you limbs are shiny black just put a strip of camo tape on it. doesn't hurt the finish or performance of your bow.

blind-Have a buddy get inside your blind in front of a window & zoom in with a video camera from say 15 yds. if it's dark you won't see him until your Zoomed in real close...My brother & I did this experiment to find out.

or just go au-natural....rub some mud from the area on it.

SwampCollie 01-05-2011 08:54 AM

Stand on the ground and look up into the trees during the last two hours of light. Guess what.... Everything up there is black. I shot five does and a turkey during the month of october with my blacked out Drenalin. Only thing that ever busts me is the wind or me being impatient and fidgety.

I have a good friend I shoot with who hunts with his target bow... its a pearl white Katera XL with black limbs... and kills deer with the rest of us.