Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Off to the Pro Shop >

Off to the Pro Shop

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Off to the Pro Shop

Old 12-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Off to the Pro Shop

I bought a Mathews Drenalin about five years ago and have had issues with it ever since. Alot of it had to do with it being sold to me with too long of a draw length.

I finally went to a dealer and had the correct cam installed so the bow now "fits".

I have missed more deer this year then I ever have during all the years I've hunted except maybe for the first year. Completely unacceptable.

So on new year's eve I am closing out 2010 right by going to the pro shop and getting this bow tuned. I intend to walk out of there with the confidence I need to finish out this year knowing I can hit what I want to.

If I can't get to that mental place after tuning it then I am going to point to the bow and not the shooter. Enough is enough! I'm lucky to have two in the freeze with my luck as of late!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

You just got the correct length on the bow right? It may not be out of tune, you are essentially learning to use a new bow, you have to relearn the bow's abilities and anchor point because they are a bit different than they were. By all means get it tuned, but keep practicing with it and you'll get consistent with it again
Old 12-29-2010, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I now have the proper length. I was measured and then they put on the correct cam to achieve that length. I'm assuming it needs to be tuned, but even if it doesn't require that I would like to get some consultation/feedback on how I am shooting.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

What Mathews shop are you going to?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Macrotec in glen burnie, md
Old 12-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Ok, just wondering, cause I used to go a shop over in Maryland that was down right pittyful! They messed up measuring my buddy and then jacked his bow up a little bit with some other crap. Just making sure it wasnt the same place.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chazspot
Macrotec in glen burnie, md
Very good shop. Is he the one that got you the right cam? Man knows his stuff. None better. You won't be sorry. If the bow is at fault you'll soon know.

Good Luck.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, just wondering, cause I used to go a shop over in Maryland that was down right pittyful! They messed up measuring my buddy and then jacked his bow up a little bit with some other crap. Just making sure it wasnt the same place.
Where was this?

Very good shop. Is he the one that got you the right cam? Man knows his stuff. None better. You won't be sorry. If the bow is at fault you'll soon know.

Good Luck.
Thanks! Yes, they measured me there, but didn't have the cam in stock. I went to another place down the road "bay country archery". The guy there had it and installed it. He was good to work with also.

I'm looking forward to spending some time at Macrotech. I know they have the capacity to help someone out.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

I dont want to put this shop on blast, PM and ill tell you.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Famous Last Words of Some Archers

"I'm going to learn to hit the broadside of the barn this year. And with little practice."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.