Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Off to the Pro Shop >

Off to the Pro Shop

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Off to the Pro Shop

Old 01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

So I got my bow back from the pro shop after he tuned it. From a paper test done at the shop it appears to be shooting much better. When he shot if after I dropped it off he said it was way out of tune.

Anyway, I brought it home and shot at my target and the field points were high and to the left. I made some pin adjustments and shot some more. I noticed little change.

Before I got too ahead of myself I thought I would see how a broadhead would shoot and look for any difference. The difference was significant. I shoot just above the bullseye. My question is should I leave well enough alone and just tune to broadheads??
Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may have wrongly assumed you were going to spend time shooting and tuning while at MacRotech. If you just dropped it off and he did the shooting it may be well tuned---for him. Every shooter grips the bow differently and this may be where the problem is.

Not only does a bow have to be tuned with the arrows it's going to shoot it also has to be tuned with the same person shooting it--meaning you.

How you grip a bow can make all the difference in the world as you may inducing torque, and if so the bow will never be consistant. Let's put it simply. If you are gripping the bow at all then you are shooting incorrectly.

I think if it were me having the same problem I would take the time and go back to the shop with all your equipment and have them watch you shoot, correcting any shooting flaws they see and then tune the bow with shooting it. That way both you and len will be able to see just what's going on and how to make the proper corrections.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, that is what I plan on doing at this point. I did watch him shoot it and he didn't grip the bow at all. I've been practicing that as well, but I know I would be better served to go back and shoot in the range.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Fork Horn

By a hoyt. Problem sovled