Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
looking to go to mechanical blade >

looking to go to mechanical blade

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

looking to go to mechanical blade

Old 12-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Spike

Default looking to go to mechanical blade

i am just looking for some advice on going to a mechanical blade. i have been using fixed blades but because my neighbors are having a problem with me shooting in my own yard i know have to go to a range nearby where they only allow field points. i have been told that the swhacker broadhead is good from a buddy of mine, also trophy ridge undertaker has been recommended to me. im just looking for a few more opinions. thanks for any advice.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only mechanical I would personally use and have 100% confidence in is the Rocket steel head.

Having said that... are there laws in Illinois, or your locality, that prohibit you from shooting a bow in your yard? If not I'd tell the neighbors to mind their own business and continue to practice.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Spike

i like the nap spitfires ive been using them for a couple years now and have had no problems.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grim Reapers!! Look a few posts down the page and you will see.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

best head i've ever used is G5 Tekans, I've never had any problems with them at all.

I haven't talked to anyone that has used them that didn't like them.

grimreapers would be a good choice as well if your looking for an "over the top"- the tekans are the "slide back" style if you know what i mean
Old 12-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default heads

spitfires have served me well for the past 2 years.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

spitfires...Have never let me down...If I do MY JOB.

Mitch
Old 12-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Grim Reapers my friend are sweet broadheads. The create some nasty wound channels and out penetrate almost all other mechanicals on the market.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

i like rage...whats up with you neighbor telling you what broadheads to use?lol
Old 12-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Dominant Buck

If you have your equipment tuned right, you should not have to every shoot your broadheads. Ive been hunting with every bow type made, for over 30 years and have never shot broadheads except at animals. If you bow is tuned, your arrows spined right and head tuned, they will group just like you field points.

But to answer your question, pretty much all mechanicals work on similar principals, pick what you like and go to town. Just stear clear from spiral cuts. They suck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.