Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

reepers or rage

Old 12-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Expandlables I would hunt with are as follows.

1. Spitfire Maxx
2. Grim Reapers

I am planning on trying some Meat Seekers out soon. I Love testing new equipment out

I am not a fan of the Rage although I have sold quite a few. (marketing works)

Dan
Old 12-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Expandlables I would hunt with are as follows.

1. Spitfire Maxx
2. Grim Reapers

I am planning on trying some Meat Seekers out soon. I Love testing new equipment out

I am not a fan of the Rage although I have sold quite a few. (marketing works)

Dan

Curious, but why would they sell so well if they didn't work? Rage has been out for 5 years so no matter what the marketing the sales would suffer if the product didn't work, correct? But Rage continues to grow.

I'm not putting down either of your choices but blades that have to flip completely over to start cutting never made much sense to me.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Last year was my worst sales on Rage locally. You are right word does get around fast. There are guys that will use anything just because the Big name guys use them but honestly most are not that gullible at least once they have a problem.

Your continous defense of a certain Broadhead is pretty funny (Anybody notice that) LOL!! I still think Rage is in the top 4 or 5 in expandable broadheads but I do think there are much more solid choices.

I am a fixed blade guy personally but I do like trying different things. That way I do have a little first hand knowledge to pass on.

If the Rage is supposedly superior with rear deploying blades (according to you) then why do so many have trouble with penetration when they blow a Spitfire Maxx all the way through everything they've shot with them.

Most complaints I've had are the rubber o-rings and lack of penetration.

What do you think does more cutting? A 2" 2 blade? a 1 3/4" 3 blade? a 2" 3 blade? or a 1 1/4" 4 blade?

Dan

Originally Posted by annika3
Curious, but why would they sell so well if they didn't work? Rage has been out for 5 years so no matter what the marketing the sales would suffer if the product didn't work, correct? But Rage continues to grow.

I'm not putting down either of your choices but blades that have to flip completely over to start cutting never made much sense to me.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Last year was my worst sales on Rage locally. You are right word does get around fast. There are guys that will use anything just because the Big name guys use them but honestly most are not that gullible at least once they have a problem.

Your continous defense of a certain Broadhead is pretty funny (Anybody notice that) LOL!! I still think Rage is in the top 4 or 5 in expandable broadheads but I do think there are much more solid choices.

I am a fixed blade guy personally but I do like trying different things. That way I do have a little first hand knowledge to pass on.

If the Rage is supposedly superior with rear deploying blades (according to you) then why do so many have trouble with penetration when they blow a Spitfire Maxx all the way through everything they've shot with them.

Most complaints I've had are the rubber o-rings and lack of penetration.

What do you think does more cutting? A 2" 2 blade? a 1 3/4" 3 blade? a 2" 3 blade? or a 1 1/4" 4 blade?

Dan

First you say you sold quite a few and then you say it was your worst year for sales??? Kind of confusing. Why didn't you just say from the beginning that last year was your worst year??

Who are these "people" that are having penetration problems with Rage but blowing through with Spitfires? Just some people that you conveniently know??

Why is it that NAP, who makes the Spitfire, come out with the Bloodrunner? And which BH does NAP market and advertise? The REAR OPENING Bloodrunner! Why? Because it's rear opening and over the top mechanicals are old style and not as effecient as rear opening.

I hear all this penetration problems and I am 5 for 5 on passthroughs with mature bucks along with many does. I'm only shooting around 265fps. Why do I get passthroughs if there is a penetration problem??

I don't want to continue this back and forth with some of you but just give Rage a rest. It's a good solid head and if you don't like it, don't shoot it. And if you don't shoot it don't try to tell everybody that does that their stupid, non-tuning idiots that are fooled my advertising.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll try to clarify it for you annika. The 1st year they came out sales were good and they did go up the next year, but this year they fell. I hope you can understand that. If not feel free to use your imagination. The thing that has hurt them around here is word of mouth in spite of Rages continuing advertising blitz. You see I'm selling about the same 1500 to 2000 packs of broadheads a year. It does however vary on brand and model.

You might let everyone here know your connection with Rage Broadheads then maybe everyone else can understand your constant defense of them. I understand

I said they were in the top 4 or 5 mechanical heads so don't get bent out of shape at me Some of the adjectives used by customers have not been so kind.

As far as NAP goes they have been an industry leader in quality heads for years and do Not put all their eggs in one basket. I would screw any of their heads on my arrows with extreme confidence and know they would get the job done.

You conveniently ignored my question about which head does the most cutting.

Dan

First you say you sold quite a few and then you say it was your worst year for sales??? Kind of confusing. Why didn't you just say from the beginning that last year was your worst year??

Who are these "people" that are having penetration problems with Rage but blowing through with Spitfires? Just some people that you conveniently know??

Why is it that NAP, who makes the Spitfire, come out with the Bloodrunner? And which BH does NAP market and advertise? The REAR OPENING Bloodrunner! Why? Because it's rear opening and over the top mechanicals are old style and not as effecient as rear opening.

I hear all this penetration problems and I am 5 for 5 on passthroughs with mature bucks along with many does. I'm only shooting around 265fps. Why do I get passthroughs if there is a penetration problem??

I don't want to continue this back and forth with some of you but just give Rage a rest. It's a good solid head and if you don't like it, don't shoot it. And if you don't shoot it don't try to tell everybody that does that their stupid, non-tuning idiots that are fooled my advertising.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

So.... back to the original question. Which do you prefer/works better? Rage or GR? Annika don't bother posting, we all know your preference. I genuinely want to know for next season.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never used a Rage so I can't comment on their effectiveness but I am 2 for 2 with the Grim Reaper. I bought 3 of them from a friend for $20 and started using them last year. Both shots were complete pass throughs at quartering shots. Blood trails are easy to follow if you need to track but most of my kills fell within eyesight. My setup is a Browning Vanguard LX, 29 inch draw at 65lbs., whisker biscuit arrow rest, and Easton Carbon Excell 400's. It's not an expensive setup but I've taken 15 deer with it in 7 seasons using expandables by Wasp, Eastman, and Cabela's. They all worked for me.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

i have a pse nova 2001, 70lb, 29in. draw, drop away rest, limbsaver s-coil stabilizer and ultra quads, plus a cheap cobra sight plus peep and d-loop. Going for gold tip arrows, wal-mart's carbon express suck, they shatter on simple deflection. all i need it broadheads
Old 12-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I have tried both of them and both of them are good broadheads but the rage makes unbelievable blood trails.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ANNIKA3, If you do not want to continue with your back and forth stance that we ALL KNOW about already, then just shut your mouth and pocket your fingers and let the rest of the forum readers post their AMERICAN OPINION and leave it be at that!!!!!!! Out.

Last edited by SecondChance; 12-27-2010 at 10:19 AM.