Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

reepers or rage

Old 12-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Tell ya what, your a strange one. I never said I haven't. Can you show me where I did? But what I will say, is I sure will not go back to a mech to get a marginal improvement with the greater risk of the wounding an animal. You seemed to try to make the arguement that mech overcomes torquing. And it does not.
No, I would call myself a common sense one.

I'm not the one that tries to convince fellow bowhunters what to use and that their way is the only way.

Marginal improvement = hitting closer to where you aim and we all know SHOT PLACEMENT is the most important factor in bowhunting.

Also, I never claimed mechanicals overcome torquing. What I did say is torquing your bow will affect your arrow more using fixed heads.

Funny thing is that you continue to try to convince people to shoot what you do because you think it is the right way and only way. That's strange!

I tell people the advantages of using rear opening mechanicals, defend when people like you try to tell people that mechanicals are no good but I NEVER say or try to convince people they are wrong using a head they are comfortable with. That's being civil.

Seriously, if you think fixed is better, great, say there better. But keep your "Rage or other mechanicals are no good" out of it. I have a hard time believing that all those Rage and other mechanical shooters that have sucess over and over can all be wrong. I've shot fixed and mechanicals and choose Rage. Why? Because I think the advantages of a Rage are better than a fixed.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:51 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by annika3
I am not sure too many would agree with you.

I'm not the one that tries to convince fellow bowhunters what to use and that their way is the only way.
Yes you are.

Marginal improvement = hitting closer to where you aim and we all know SHOT PLACEMENT is the most important factor in bowhunting.
If shot placement is so important as you claim, you sure wouldn't have made the argument you tried a few posts back shooting an alert deer with all these contortions.

Also, I never claimed mechanicals overcome torquing. What I did say is torquing your bow will affect your arrow more using fixed heads.
Very little to none with a properly tuned setup.

Funny thing is that you continue to try to convince people to shoot what you do because you think it is the right way and only way. That's strange!
I have yet to see you miss a rage post, but yet, now you say, you respect all's opinion. Yea, right. You came on here attacking one of the most knowlegable bowhunters on HNI, and I came on to correct you.

Seriously, if you think fixed is better, great, say there better. But keep your "Rage or other mechanicals are no good" out of it. I have a hard time believing that all those Rage and other mechanical shooters that have sucess over and over can all be wrong. I've shot fixed and mechanicals and choose Rage. Why? Because I think the advantages of a Rage are better than a fixed.
Your extremely defensive over rage/snypers. Almost like you have a vested interest? Do you?

Old 12-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Quote:

I am not sure too many would agree with you.

Show me ONE TIME that I ever said that people have to shoot Rage? Show me where I've ever told anybody that the head they are shooting is junk?

How many times have you come on a Rage/mechanical thread or general BH thread and bash Rage saying they are no good and people shouldn't be using them?

Quote:
Yes you are.

Show me one time that I said "You need to shoot Rage because everything else is junk".

I know you continue to convince everybody not to shoot Rage and other mechanicals.

Quote:
If shot placement is so important as you claim, you sure wouldn't have made the argument you tried a few posts back shooting an alert deer with all these contortions.

Nice try, trying to switch my words up. Shot placement is the most important but I also understand real world hunting. Never said "all these contortions" you did.

Quote:
Very little to none with a properly tuned setup.

Really, very little to none? torque your bow and shoot fixed and see how consistent you can be at 40, 50 60 yards. NONE??????

Quote:
I have yet to see you miss a rage post, but yet, now you say, you respect all's opinion. Yea, right. You came on here attacking one of the most knowlegable bowhunters on HNI, and I came on to correct you.

Go back and look at all Rage threads and you will see I only come on after some hard headed fixed guy that never used the head comes on here and try to tell everybody that there junk with ZERO personal use or guys that come on here that heard from their brothers, neighbors, sisters, boyfriend that his uncles cousin shot a deer with a Rage and hit a deer perfect and it failed even though they never found the deer.

But I certainly don't tell people that they have to shoot Rage and tell people that if they don't that their using the wrong BH and it's only a matter of time when they'll realize that. Again, I tell people the advantages of a Rage and let them decide for themselves.

Quote:
Your extremely defensive over rage/snypers. Almost like you have a vested interest? Do you?

NO

My interest is telling people the advantages of the head and calling out guys with NO PRACTICAL USE of the head but come on here and bash it.

You don't like Rage, I know, but do you need to come on every thread and bash them? If you don't like them so be it and leave it at that. Can 100,000's bowhunters all be wrong in using the head though?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
Tune your bow and go fixed. Mechanicals are a quick "fix" for a poor tuned bow.

Have I used them? yep. Ive used just about every brand (testing them on wild hogs) and have yet to be impressed by any of them. Rage was not a bad one, but still did not penetrate as well as any fixed cut on contact head.

PHP Code:
Never listen to Guys that start their post this way
Attacked??? the comment above is an attack?
I simply stated this comment in this thread. No where did I say "rage is the greatest". When someone tries to tell me "do it my way because it's the only way that's right" I worry about that and don't really trust it.

It probably would have never gone any further than this but you decided, on a mechanical question thread to come on here and throw your unwanted 2 cents into the ring.

Why would a fixed guy like yourself even come onto a mechanical thread? I wouldn't think a mechanical thread would concern you because you shoot fixed, right?

I don't think you'll ever see me on a fixed thread trying to tell everybody they should be shooting Rage.

Hummmmmm? but I'm the one that's strange? and has a problem?

Why do you feel the need to go onto a mechanical thread and try to convince everybody they should shoot fixed?

I won't go on fixed thread so how bout you staying out of threads that are asking mechanical questions. Sound good?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no troubles tuning fixed blade broad heads to group with field tips. But grouping with field tips is not interchangeable with the term "field tip accurate". Mech heads are "field tip accurate". In my front yard, shooting from the ground at my targets where perfect form is easy to maintain the extra forgiveness and accuracy of a field tip accurate head is of minimal importance. But 30 ft up a tree kneeling down and leaning out to get a clear shot at a buck behind my tree it comes in handy sometimes to be shooting a head less affected by torque, wind or glitches in perfect form. I am extremely anal about accuracy. And with good reason. Accuracy kills.

Also my Grim Reapers make a bigger hole through deer. If you have the energy to burn, why waste it burying a fixed head deeper in the ground on the other side of a deer? Why not use it to cut a bigger hole? It's not always an absolute but a bigger hole tends to leave a better blood trail. Maybe blood trails aren't that big a deal if you are hunting open fields in Kansas, but hunting the edges of Alabama brier thickets it's sure nice to have an easy to follow trail.

People always tout the virtues of a fixed head if you hit a deer in the shoulder bone. And I will concede that some fixed heads "might" have a better chance at getting through a shoulder blade, although it's no certainty. But what about a hit that's a little too far back instead of too far forward. Isn't that just as likely? A large diameter expandable does more damage and is more likely to slice or nick something important that would put a deer down faster in that scenario. A fact that evens out the potential shoulder blade defeating qualities of a fixed head.

Again, both fixed and mechs have their strengths and weaknesses. I've killed many deer with both.

Last edited by Todd1700; 12-21-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:29 AM
bigcountry

Quote:

Attacked??? the comment above is an attack?
Yes

I simply stated this comment in this thread. No where did I say "rage is the greatest". When someone tries to tell me "do it my way because it's the only way that's right" I worry about that and don't really trust it.
Litterly almost every post on HNI from you is pimping rages. What does that tell someone? Is fairly simple.

It probably would have never gone any further than this but you decided, on a mechanical question thread to come on here and throw your unwanted 2 cents into the ring.
Unwanted by you. Your here pimping this overpriced thing.

Why would a fixed guy like yourself even come onto a mechanical thread? I wouldn't think a mechanical thread would concern you because you shoot fixed, right?
wow, your not a very quick guy are you. This is called a forum. In a forum, people discuss things of interest to them. People ask questions and people answer. I can't believe your so slow you don't understand the concept. But then again, most of your posts on HNI is pimping rages. Go figure.

I don't think you'll ever see me on a fixed thread trying to tell everybody they should be shooting Rage.
Your a grown man, I can't tell you what to post and where. You got to make your own decisions and stand on your own two feet.

Hummmmmm? but I'm the one that's strange? and has a problem?
Yes, just do a search on your poster name and variants with the keyword rage. Its very clear.

Why do you feel the need to go onto a mechanical thread and try to convince everybody they should shoot fixed?
Duh, its a forum. Why do you feel the need to reply to 100% rage posts?

I won't go on fixed thread so how bout you staying out of threads that are asking mechanical questions. Sound good?
I pretty well pick and choose what I want to reply too. Lets do the math. I shoot well over 1/2 dozen different heads now. I have no loyalty to one. And open to use different ones in the future. What do I have to gain? Nothing. Just conversation. You however only pimp rages. Almost like your trying to sell it. Who can they trust?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

PHP Code:
Duhits a forumWhy do you feel the need to reply to 100rage posts
Do you know how to read?

My first post in this thread had nothing to do with Rage. It called out a guy that was trying to force fixed heads on everybody. You started this whole BH/Rage thing on this thread.

As I stated earlier, I reply only AFTER guys like yourself that have no first hand knowledge of the product come on and here and try to say they're junk and try to force fixed heads down everybodies throat.

I told you why I go on the threads but why do you feel the need to go into every Rage thread and post on something you don't use?

Also, pimping BH's???

Again, as I stated and you can certainly go back and look at my posts I NEVER say "YOU HAVE TO USE RAGE OR ELSE" like you do with fixed heads.

Why don't you push your fixed heads and stay out of Rage and/or mechanicals threads and then we won't have to worry about crossing paths.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
bigcountry

[php]
Duh, its a forum. Why do you feel the need to reply to 100% rage posts?
I myself don't. But I encourage folks to do a search on "annika3" and rage and see who does.

As I stated earlier, I reply only AFTER guys like yourself that have no first hand knowledge of the product come on and here and try to say they're junk and try to force fixed heads down everybodies throat.
After seeing them in action several times and helping track deer due to this POS head, yea, I think I have the experience covered. Now, you on the other hand are trying to force it down everyones throats. Almost like you have financial gain or something by doing so. I endorse no particular head.

I told you why I go on the threads but why do you feel the need to go into every Rage thread and post on something you don't use?
but I think we both know the truth why you do it?

Also, pimping BH's???

Again, as I stated and you can certainly go back and look at my posts I NEVER say "YOU HAVE TO USE RAGE OR ELSE" like you do with fixed heads.
I never said you have to use fixed or else. Whats your point? Same as always? Just pimping this head?

Why don't you push your fixed heads and stay out of Rage and/or mechanicals threads and then we won't have to worry about crossing paths.
Thats the beauty of it. I have no "fixed heads" to push. Free country and all. Better question is why do you care what I have to say so much? I have nothing to gain. I just am trying to help cut thru the hype and marketing. I don't ever worry about crossing paths with folks like you that feel so insecure, they need to comment on every rage posts out there. I can pick up just about any head, and get the job done.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

PHP Code:
Better question is why do you care what I have to say so much
I like calling guys out that "think" they know about a product even though the've NEVER used the product and you just happen to be one of those.

I'll ask you the same question "why do you care what I have to say so much"?

PHP Code:
I don't ever worry about crossing paths with folks like you that feel so insecure, they need to comment on every rage posts out there. 
Insecure?? I would think the guy that needs to go on threads of product they've never used and feel the urge to bash the product for NO reason is the one that's insecure. But that's just me.

PHP Code:
I can pick up just about any head, and get the job done
You are the greatest!!!!!

Big Country

I'm done!! I admit:

1. I'm the bad guy who comes on threads of product I've never used and bash the product though I've never used it.

2. I'm the one that comes on threads and tells people that products are POS even though I've never used it.

3. I'm the guy that tells people directly that shooting mechanicals is stupid and shooting fixed is the only way to go because that's what I do!

4. I'm the one that goes on Rage threads and says "YOU NEED TO SHOOT RAGE OR YOU ARE DUMB. RAGE IS THE BEST AND EVERYBODY SHOULD BE SHOOTING THEM".

Actually 1-3 is you and 4 never happens.

Again, show me where I've said anything other than:

1. Tell MY opinions of the advantages of shooting Rage
2. Call people out who bash the product without using or having knowledge of the product.

Again, why can't you simply leave threads about Rage alone because you don't use them so why is it so important to you to come on here and bash them?

Now, if I was pimping Rage wouldn't it make more sense to go on fixed head threads and talk about them there? That would be pimping them. Not on threads that Rage is the topic already.

So what's stranger?

1. A guy that goes on threads of a product he uses and telling other people the advantages on why he uses them and real life experiences with them.

or

2. A guy that goes on threads of a product he doesn't use and bashes that product?

I'm done dealing with you on this. I think the people can see what's going on.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM
bigcountry

[php]
I like calling guys out that "think" they know about a product even though the've NEVER used the product and you just happen to be one of those.
so how much knowledge does one need for you? I have seen several deer wounded. I have seen the crappy rubber band dryrot. I have seen the blades come undone on full draw with MZE rest. I mean do I really have to go out and buy them and then repeat the same mistakes? I know not. But I am very sure, you can't figure this out.

Insecure?? I would think the guy that needs to go on threads of product they've never used and feel the urge to bash the product for NO reason is the one that's insecure. But that's just me.
Yes, its just you and your little secret. I have seen what kinda product it is, and problems associated with it. And that is me.

Big Country

I'm done!! I admit:
Umm, you have been done for quite sometime, you just finally realize it. Rest of us have it figured out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.