HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lone wolf question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/335856-lone-wolf-question.html)

125py 12-07-2010 07:42 PM

Lone wolf question

I was thinking about buying a lone wolf hang on stand because I really dont enjoy using my climber at all... Are the lone wolfs as quick and easy as a climber? If I get one of multiple quick ataches that stay on multiple trees would that be better than a climber?? Whats everyones opinion. Thanks

Hoyt21 12-07-2010 08:44 PM

Hang on all the way. Cant go wrong with the lone wolf. Seat will adjust to the angle of the tree so you don't have to. CLimbers are just silly. Dont you have to cut alot of branches and hall that thing up and down? Get you some ladder sticks and a Hang on. :) Good Luck

dliz 12-08-2010 09:15 AM

Although I own a lone wolf climber which I love, I did not use it at all this year. Went strickly with hangons. Its great not to have to carry it in. The Lone wolf is a great product but a little on the expensive side for a hangon that you want to leave in a tree. You could probably purchase 3 decent hangons for the price of one lone wolf. I now there is a big differance in quality but having three stands up instead of one is is huge. Now thats only if you plan on leaving them in, which i prefer to do because most of my stands are a pretty good walk back in.

125py 12-08-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by dliz (Post 3736802)
Although I own a lone wolf climber which I love, I did not use it at all this year. Went strickly with hangons. Its great not to have to carry it in. The Lone wolf is a great product but a little on the expensive side for a hangon that you want to leave in a tree. You could probably purchase 3 decent hangons for the price of one lone wolf. I now there is a big differance in quality but having three stands up instead of one is is huge. Now thats only if you plan on leaving them in, which i prefer to do because most of my stands are a pretty good walk back in.

i dont plan on leaving it in the woods. My plans are to set up some screw in steps in a few different locations i can hunt and buy one of the quick attaches for these trees. So i would use the lock on stand and the quick attach for my locations.

bromide 12-08-2010 09:54 AM

I have one lone wolf assult hang on & 3 lone wolf sticks! I carry it in every time i hunt but usually i only have to use one or 2 sticks! very versitile & easy to set up! I don't even use the hanging strap, i just put the 2 straps on the stand put it on my back, climb the tree & hang it! pull my bow & backpack up & hunt! I sit in about 40 different trees each year! I call it hang & hunt! If the tree is already trimmed out I can be in my stand & hunting in 5 minutes or less & if i have to trim some limbs it takes 15-20 minutes! It gets old sometimes but the advantage of being able to move over 50 yards for the next hunt has paid off multiple times! It just takes some practice & you can't be lazy!

Tribal 12-08-2010 06:26 PM

You will be pleased using the LW if your looking to hang each time going in. I actually leave the batwing on instead of the hang on strap but the hang on strap is definetly quick. Leveling seat and platform. I went from 10 every other name stands to 4 LW Alpha's. Fewer but far better. I leave my screw in steps way up north when I am gun hunting too then just show up and hang and kill. Easy!

pa_yote_hunter 12-09-2010 05:37 AM

I liked my Lone Wold Alpha hang-on. I would carry it in every time I wanted to hunt. I had three of their climbing sticks as well to go along with it. It would be super easy to leave screw-in steps in a tree and just climb up and hang it. They are super quit and easy to hang.

DaveH 12-09-2010 08:22 AM

I have the Alpha and 4 sticks. I "hang & hunt" nearly every time I go out unless it's being left overnight. I don't trust others to leave it alone and it cost too much to easily replace. I really like the stand and plan to use it for a long time to come. I can walk up to virtually any tree that has a straight section at hunting height, and be in it hunting in 20 mins. You do have a limit though on large trees since the straps won't reach all the way around.

Hurricanespg 12-09-2010 01:20 PM

I use the Lone Wolf Assault with 4 Lone Wolf sticks. I take it in and out everytime. Takes about 7 or so minutes to get set up.

11pt 12-09-2010 07:33 PM

I have had a Lone Wolf sit n climb for a few years and love it. I just bought the Alpha hang on stand this year. I would feel confident saying that the Lone Wolf hang on is probably the best hang on stand ever made.