Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
what kind layers should i get >

what kind layers should i get

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what kind layers should i get

Old 12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default what kind layers should i get

i get really cold really easily. so i am looking for good layers like cold gear or something like that. what i have now is my scent lok base layers arctic shield thermals and then my timberline fleece scent lok i am looking for something that is not bulky yet really warm for sitting in a tree stand during really cold days. thanks for any ideas
Old 12-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Try the Heater Body suit.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

I been thinking about getting a 4-1 hunting parka and some electric socks.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

i have looked at the heater body suite but i am trying to stay away from that since i have every other thing in sent lok i feel like that would defeat the whole purpose in me even buying the scent lok
Old 12-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Spike

go walmart and get the rocky fleece long underwear...or the cold weather long underwear...i out 2 pairs and 2-3 fleece sweatshirts on and my then jacket plus a couple toesty toez and hans warmers and im good down to single digits...kinda like this mornin 6degrees...a lil to cold
Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

Get some Down!!! or Pirmaloft... wear it internally so that it doesnt make noise, Pirmaloft is super light and super warm and very packable, typically pirmaloft jacket you can bunch up into a ball about the size of your hand, not cheap though, but its warm and windproof and oh yeah it works! I think to many people get caught up in what the "hunting industry" says to wear. I wear alot of my back packing gear in the woods, along with wool and Berber and i am always wearing less layers and more warm then my friends who have to wear there 10 scent lok suits and there extreme warm whatevers from whomever that they cant even draw their bows wearing the stuff. I would focus on smart technologies and old school stand bys like wool and less on the other crap. Granted it might not be scent proof but nothing truely is scent proof.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
i have looked at the heater body suite but i am trying to stay away from that since i have every other thing in sent lok i feel like that would defeat the whole purpose in me even buying the scent lok
actually, the HSB will aid the scent loc even more... it will help keep what ever scent escapes your sent loc in the bag.