Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wild justice

Old 12-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your right, it is illegal to sell bear parts.

I think he had him destroy it since no one wanted to own upt o who wanted it, why and who pulled it out
Originally Posted by BowMan051088
I think I heard somewhere on the show that it's illegal to sell any part of the animal that is taken in California. I may be wrong though but that is probably why he had the guy destroy the gallbladder and took no other legal action because he never actually sold it
Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

So what purpose does the bladder have?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jesshodgie
maybe because they can't tax and control sales?

bingo!!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
So what purpose does the bladder have?
The bile inside the bladder plus the bladder itself can be worth thousands of dollars on the black market for use in the Asian market for medicinal purposes.
This is a major problem for our black bear population in the U.S. I remember seeing shows about this probably 10-15 years ago. They were poaching bears in the smokey mountains.
That is why it is illegal in many states, including here in Illinois to sell, buy, trade, or barter any part of wild animals or birds. I remember a local man recently getting busted for selling wild turkey feathers on Ebay.