Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rocket Mini blaster test results >

Rocket Mini blaster test results

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rocket Mini blaster test results

Old 07-20-2003, 08:00 PM
AK

Default RE: Rocket Mini blaster test results

Some other criteria I would be interested in is construction (one piece vs. multi-piece/aluminum vs. steel ferrule/ferrule extending (reinforcing) far out to the tip/blade hardness/blade thickness/ and welded blades vs. locking systems vs. spindley eyeglass screws holding blades that resemble something in my wife' s leg razors.) Already, the plywood and drum tests are interesting from a durability standpoint.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nub, the " score" really doesn' t tell the whole story. It' s just a starting point. I don' t shoot mechanicals into the tire becuase 90% of them won' t go through and they are a pain in the (^&()_% to get out! I don' t subtract points from a head unless the cutting surface is lost or the head just completly breaks apart. Alot of heads do " score" between 20 and 25, but like I said that' s only half the story. All of the heads I test will probably work on game with good shot placement, all I am doing really is seperating the cream so to speak. The higher the score the better the head probably is, but not always. When heads get up to the 24/25 range you are getting into the " best of the best" end of the tests, but again I have had one head " score" a 26 (bone busters) but I never could get it sharp, so even though it " scored" high, I don' t recomend it becuase of the sharpness issue. I try not to " judge" a head unless it just totaly proves unreliable, I provide the info and give an opinion, but it' s up the the man buying the heads to try them out for themselves to see if they preform like he or she needs them too.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

I enjoy your reviews 5shotHave you reviewed the Crimson Talon heads yet?I have been seeing them advertized in mags lately and wonder how these score?.I love my muzzy' s,and have shot Thunderheads,Spitfires,and Koplin twister through the years and feel that muzzy' shave been the most durable of the bunch and reliable.Another great thing about Muzzy is the fact that they come with practice blades,I don' t know of any others that do.Anyhow great report.Bill D>
Old 07-21-2003, 06:32 AM
nub

5' er: Any mechs open fully on both sides of the orange?
Old 07-21-2003, 09:11 AM

Myself and a hunting buddy have used them for the past few seasons.I started out with the hammer head and went to the miniblaster.Between the 2 of us we' ve killed about 15 deer with them.No lost or wounded deer.The wound channels on soft tissue are devastating.They are pretty much a one shot head,I' ve never had much luck changing the blades.My buddy is at about 62 ft/# ke I' m more like 57.
I' m only shooying about 250 fps and never any issues with the head opening.That being said I plan on swithcing to a muzzy this year.We have hogs on our place now.I would' nt want to shoot a hog with a miniblaster and my KE.For deer sized game they have worked fine,just not very durable.BTW shot thunderheads for years,one fine BH just don' t like the o ring set up.Chris I think your tests do have some value for refference,keep up the good work.Maybe some ballistic gelatin testing of wound channels like they do with bullets?I' d be willing to make a donation to help cover costs.

CB
Old 07-21-2003, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

c903, do you ever have anything good to say about anything? Get some help!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

No mechanical yet has opend on the front, a couple had partial opening and the vortex line that I am currently testing start out with a 7/8" cut so the get credit for partial opening.
I have tested the CT' s you should be able to find the results on the back pages or at www.broadheadtests.com.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:28 PM

Capt Ray:

c903, do you ever have anything good to say about anything? Get some help!
Rather than belonging to a fan club and vying for popularity contests, I am more into asking questions when the need for questions are raised. I want facts authenticated rather than facts indicated. And I want all the story not part of the story.

If, with tunnel vision, you wish to walk with the wind, rapidly and directly to a particular location because someone you know and like is yelling loudly " Hey, over here!" that is your right and your business. Do not try to make it a rule for others that do not agree or abide, specifically me.

Hope the term " Capt" is truly not indicative of actually being in command.[:@]

Old 07-23-2003, 09:33 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Ok so c903 what say you devote some of your time and money with a real scientific test that be any benefit to anyone!!!! Seems like you have a habit of downgrading everyone elses work-come on and teach us something or go to a scientific forum and spout your stuff.[:@]