HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Switching to 1 pin sight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/335338-switching-1-pin-sight.html)

hoyt919 11-30-2010 05:52 PM

Switching to 1 pin sight

Hey everyone. I was hoping to get some advice or opinions from some people with knowledge and experience on the subject. Ive been bowhunting now for about 4 years and have always used a tru glo 5 pin sight. This year year I was thinking about getting an HHA 1 pin sight with the yardage dial for Christmas. I believe it would be easier to see my target and not confuse pins but I have never really had too big of problem with the tru glo 5 pin. Just seeing what everyone else thinks about it, and I hear great things about HHA. Let me know. Thanks.

ebieszk 11-30-2010 06:17 PM

HHA 100%... They have the BEST customer service in the archery business. If you have any problems with the product they will fix it truly with no questions asked. I have worked in the archery business for over 4 years and this was the best single pinned sight.

G5 makes some amazing products also and would strongly recommend also!

minnesotadeer 11-30-2010 06:28 PM

If you're keeping your shots to 35 yards or less, and that's most of us unless you're hunting open country for elk or caribou, etc., I say it's the way to go. Someone once told me you need to practice more with one pin. Phooey. To me, it's much simpler. After awhile it becomes instinctive depending upon your setup. For me, I'm dead on at twenty yards. A little lower inside ten and a little higher outside 30. I adust accordingly. Beats deciding which of 5 pins to use when the buck walks out but to each their own.

TeamWiscoUNIT61 11-30-2010 06:37 PM

Well are you 'not having a problem with it'? or always shooting good with it. If you're shooting good with the 5 pin I suppose my question would be why are you looking to switch? I personally use a single pin adjustable sight and I love it. My previous setup I used a 4 pin sight and I can say I much prefer what I've got now...

blakefrautschi 11-30-2010 07:29 PM

hha makes a hellova sight! I love mine!

i;m guessing youre getting a movable or "pendulum" sight, i would never go back to a multi pin sight, and you can cover so many more yardages with a single pin, since you can move it

some people keep it set at one position, i personally have my yardages set and move the pin accordingly, which to me isn't hard to do at all, with minimal movement in stand

the only downside that i can think of is that they tend to be a bit heavy

hoyt919 11-30-2010 08:41 PM

yeah id like to try the speed dial sight by HHA. I really dont like trying to shoot in between pins at those in between yardages. Im thinking of the 2 in. diameter HHA sight with .19 fiber optic. I take it the more fiber optic wrap the brighter the sight? Is it just because it can take in more light that way? I see one of those sights has 10 feet of fiber optic wrapped up!

Doubled 150 12-01-2010 06:18 AM

I'm changing sights for next year as well and have decided to go with the G5 Optix XR2.

I like it because it has one stationary pin and one adjustable. My logic is I can set the stationary pin at 20 yards and have the mobile pin dialed in 40 yards while I wait for the action. If something happens quick and I don't have time to dial it in, at least I know where I'm at and can split the difference if I have to. If I have time to range the target and dial it in, I have that luxury as well.

Problem is, that sight is expensive as he11...about $200.

DD

WV Hunter 12-01-2010 06:54 AM

HHA is the ticket. You honestly don't need the real expensive models, or tons of fiber either. I think mine has 6ft ?, and its so bright its amazing. I have mine set on 22yds, and its basically good for any shot I will ever take. I do have farther yardages marked and practice at those, but doubtful I'll need to move my pin in most situations I'll ever be in. I bought mine used on AT (but it was basically brand new) for $50 last year. It was $120 new.

burniegoeasily 12-01-2010 08:05 AM

If you have issues with pins being in your sight window, why not get rid of all of them and shot instinctive.

Western MA Hunter 12-01-2010 08:09 AM

I use the HHA OL5019.. I'm good out to about 35 yards w/ 1 pin...
I don't even have the yardage tape on mine since I rarely can even shoot 35!!!
You will love HHA... very durable and bright