Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Savage- Nighthawk tritium Vs Fiber glo?? >

Savage- Nighthawk tritium Vs Fiber glo??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Savage- Nighthawk tritium Vs Fiber glo??

Old 07-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Savage- Nighthawk tritium Vs Fiber glo??

I' m looking into getting a new Savage Super Max pendulum sight and was wondering if anyone has experience with the new fiber glo pin. It' s either the fieber glo or the Night hawk tritium.

I go on nighttime pig hunts about 2-3 times a year and am not sure it' s worth the extra $15 for the nighthawk pin over the fiberglo (we' re talking $69.95 vs $84.95!![]). Any thoughts??

The sight I want would run $110.00. It' s the nighthawk pin in a supermax with a secondary fiber pin. Just not sure I want it that bad.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Savage- Nighthawk tritium Vs Fiber glo??

I bought the pendulum max last fall. I was gonna go for the tritium night hawk, but they were out of stock and looked like they would be for quite some time, so I opted for the fiber glow.

I' m glad I saved my bucks. I can' t imagine needing anything brighter than the fiber glow. Still visible WAY past too late to shoot.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

There' s not even any comparison. The night hawk pin will glow in ABSOLUTE darkness. You can take the nighthawk pin into a room with no windows and put a towel under the door so no light comes through the cracks and still see it just fine. However, I did have a buddy buy one last year from bass pro that didn' t glow like it should have. So have them show it to you in a dark place before you buy. If you get a good one you will be able to see the pin long after you will be able to see a deer or hog for that matter. Good shooting!
Old 07-18-2003, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

So what I' m hearing is they are both great pins!!

Silentassasin, I have a tru glo tritium on another bow and it also glows in the dark. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to look down and see it glowing!! I can track it through my peep a lot better than any normal fiber optic in low light conditions. Thanks for the input.

Rangeball, if you hit the fiberglo with a flashlight for a couple of seconds before the morning hunt, will it stay lit for the advertised 2 hours+???
What if I tried to recharge it on a nighttime pig hunt with a red lense, would it recharge?

Old 07-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I just realized, You are talking about a different fiber pin. I just have a normal yellow fiber optic pin. No need to use a flashlight, it' s visible as long as I need it to be.

Sorry for the confusion...
Old 07-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was going to get the fiber optic but not so sure now. Are you buying right off thier web site? You know you get a 10% discount by doing so.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:23 PM

I was thinking of getting a savage pendulum too.Does anyone know how long the tritium pins are good for verses the fiberglo pins? How many seasons can a person expect to get out of them before replacing them?
Old 07-18-2003, 11:51 PM

The trinium pin last 3 to5 ytrs maybe 9.Its a nuclear byproduct it glows 24/7.They dip the pin it and its quiet large.Sand it down to make smaller if want.I like mind very much but one early evening I saw the pin and the ground but could not see the buck,be cause of the small sight window.I change to the toxtonics pendulum it has a bigger sight window ,I wish it cam in a trinium pin.They said they are working on it,My savage sight was the older style but maxs sight window is bigger
than the old sight shoud be no problem now.
Old 07-19-2003, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rangeball, the new fiber glows have glow in the dark stuff incorporated into the pins mount. So it continues to feed the fiber optic after dark. This is what I need for nighttime pig hunts because them porkers really come out of the woodwork about an hour after dark and pretty much stay out until sunrise (on my lease).

mdbowhunter, the way I was looking at it. Buying off their website had a mark up!! Compared to what I can get one from bass pro or other net based companies.
For instance Savage supermax fiber glow- Savage website= $84.95, Bass pro= $69.99, outdoor superstore- $67.95.
The only advantage to buying from savage at this point is getting them to add the second pin for $6.99 extra.
How can I get 10% off?? Is there a trick to it??

Wrongway, the normal tritium is LARGE and is supposed to last for 5 years. The nighthawk tritium is smaller and is supposed to last for 10 years, but it cost up to $20 more.
An e-mail from savage told me the fiberglows rechargeable properties are good indefinitely!!

Bullsi, I agree the regular tritium is too big for my taste also. I recently sold my Toxonics sniper as it didn' t have enough vertical adjustment for my setup. I needed another .25" and it just didn' t have it. (it' s a supposedly high nock point, bowtec thing)
Old 07-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I talked to them on the phone last week as their web site was down and they told me that. I don' t know if it comes off the purchase or what. I hadn' t checked prices elsewhere so there proablly is a markup on thier site.

Quick Reply: Savage- Nighthawk tritium Vs Fiber glo??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.