Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Late Season Bowhunting >

Late Season Bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Late Season Bowhunting

Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

It really is a matter of opinion there. I have talked to people who do a rattle/grunt series every half hour or so... For me, its more of a here and there kind of thing just to see if I grab anythings attention. The more you do it, the more chance one that you Cant see, will pinpoint where you are before you ever see him. To each his own. There isnt any set thing ya know
Old 11-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Spike

okay sweet and any tips on scent control sorry bout the questions its just nice to know this stuff im 19 and my dad doesnt bow hunt so any help is awesome
Old 11-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

as far as scent control you can do as much as you're willing to. If you have money to spend, Scent Lok or Scent Blocker are the more known brands as far as clothing/gear. I use Scent Blocker gear. I wash all my clothes in scentless/scent killing detergent. Also shower with scentless soap/shampoo. Then every time I go out, I spray down with scentkiller (hat to boot bottoms). After ALL of that, more important than all, is stand choice. You've got to be aware of the wind direction when picking a stand. Don't necessarily just go to a stand that you're confident in if the wind is gonna blow your scent over the area theyll be/be coming from. I still get winded, everyone does but, you certainly can help your chances
Old 11-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

I would say if you're a broke 19 year old, and most are, to play the wind first and foremost. And get yourself a box or two of baking soda you can use to wash your hunting clothes in - and a few of those huge ziplock bags to keep your clothes in between hunts. That should be more than enought scent control to take care of things.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Something else to consider when time is running out - a drive. I'm contemplating this in a few weeks when things seem to get locked down. Set up on one end of the cover on a property I'm hunting and have a few buddies slooooooowly "hike" through from the other sides to push anything inside to me. Worth a try.