Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Extream Cold Weather Bowhunting Clothing suggestions >

Extream Cold Weather Bowhunting Clothing suggestions

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Extream Cold Weather Bowhunting Clothing suggestions

Old 11-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Went and looked at some of the arctic shield at BP today. Since i have the gloves and over boot i thought i would give it a look.

I looked at the H7 parka and bibs and i think that may be a good system for stand hunting. I dont think I would use it for pushing timber when slug gun hunting... probably get torn up on the barb wire and thorns... but you dont need super warm clothing if your walking anyway.

Price was 199 for coat and 180 for bibs. I think the H7 line up is A.S. warmest products. It may be to warm... might have to wait and put it on after i get to my stand. I noticed i started to sweat just trying it on in the store.

In the store it feels quite at least at 70 degrees F... might make a bit more noise when below zero but the boot covers and gloves are still pretty quite at that temp.

So for around 344.00 bucks i could have a warm set up and if I dont like it I could probably return it.

Im going to sleep on it for now.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Get a heater suit, best money I ever spent. Late season is my favorite time to bowhunt.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

I use by goose hunting overalls and parka when sitting in ground blinds this time of year if its just absolutely brutal. Though not perfectly silent, the material is fairly quiet and the camo pattern not a problem inside the blind. I also buy my predator camo pants a little baggy and my coat a size too big so that this time of the year I can layer up big time under each. For me, cold feet and hands can be the killer. I have a heat pack in between my polypropelene and wool socks and then a boot blanket over each boot. I also have a hand warmer muff that goes around my waist with an electric warmer inside I won at a Ducks Unlimited deal. That way I don't have to wear bulky gloves and can just pull my hands out with my regular skin tight gloves when ready to shoot. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Spike

I'd go for layering several layers, instead of one very thick layer as the multiple layers trap more heat close to the body. That said, the heater suits are great for super cold conditions when you're not moving for hours.