HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I thought everything was going so well (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/334719-i-thought-everything-going-so-well.html)

nodog 11-21-2010 03:19 PM

I thought everything was going so well

Just came home from a hunt with more than a freezer full, a wall hanger and a lot of great memories. Add into that I still have an Ohio buck tag and enough info on some Ohio wall hangers to use it, things couldn't be better and then I sat down at the computer to catch up on things and saw the email, a happy birthday wish to the wife tomorrow.

My mind went blank as I tried to remember what day it was, I'd totally forgotten it was the wife of 30 years birthday. I was sure that this season I'd had everything taken care of before my brain left this world for the happy hunting grounds.

It's here only flaw... being born in mid November. Now I have to spend more on her than the cost of the mount she asked about before I saw the email. :)

God bless her, she deserves better. She aint getting it but she sure deserves it. :) :) :)

eureka77 11-21-2010 04:16 PM

Just wanted to say congrats on 30 years!

nodog 11-22-2010 03:32 PM

Thanks.

Managed to come through with a diamond bracelet a card that wasn't totally sap and a chocolate cheese cake. :)

She's made it all worth while even though It took me decades to figure it out.

Fieldmouse 11-22-2010 05:42 PM

She's lucky to have you and you need to remind her of that. It's not your fault her birthday falls during hunting season. My wife's is on opening day. I established at the very beginning, her bday had to get changed.

Congrats on 30 years. I've got Black Jack coming up soon and a place in the Keys to celebrate it.

monkeyman2269 11-22-2010 05:44 PM

show us pics

nodog 11-23-2010 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by monkeyman2269 (Post 3727127)
show us pics

Of what? If your asking about the wife, you've seen pics of angels haven't you? She's the pretty one. :)

MountainHunter 11-23-2010 07:49 PM

Congrats NoDog. Some people never figure out how good they have it and are never happy. It sounds like you both have. I hope y'all have another 30.

nodog 11-24-2010 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by MountainHunter (Post 3727890)
Congrats NoDog. Some people never figure out how good they have it and are never happy. It sounds like you both have. I hope y'all have another 30.

Thanks. I hope so too.

Sliverflicker 11-24-2010 04:03 PM

Congrats nodog, we will have our 39th in a few weeks.

nodog 11-25-2010 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sliverflicker (Post 3728343)
Congrats nodog, we will have our 39th in a few weeks.

If your like me it took many years for me to realize what time together can produce and it takes time. I could've been like many others that never made it this far and wouldn't have known. I'm glad now she always refused to let me go.

I now understand the joke about the old man and woman sitting on the porch. The woman turns to the man and says "go put on a sweater", he does. About 5 minutes after returning he says to the wife "Am I cold or are we going some where?" :) He's not whipped, shes just getting what shes earned. Takes time to get there, took me about 25 years.

Congrats to you too.

My wife is such a good woman. She made a sign for our driveway with our name and a date. Like an idiot I asked the significance of the date, she said it was the year we were married. :):bash: I told her no man had such a good woman who would help him remember like that.