Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
3 Years of Great Pa Success >

3 Years of Great Pa Success

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3 Years of Great Pa Success

Old 11-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default 3 Years of Great Pa Success

Hard work, long hours in the tree and countless hours of scouting does pay off. This years deer was taken in a new spot and area I've never hunted. My success has been based on not hunting one area and scouting year round. This scouting starts in January and the cameras go out at the end of the season. I walk a lot of mountains and swamps this time of the year. The last several years have been great for scouting since snow has been on the ground for more than 2 weeks. (Please dont take this as bragging I just wanted to show that hard work does pay off)

Last edited by dliz; 11-21-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on 3 awesome bucks! i remember seeing your post from last years buck. looks like hard work is really paying off for you! is northeastern a town or you just mean in the northeastern part of the state?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking bucks! I see that the antler restriction is working in your area too. Congratulations!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice!!!

I do hope you saw a taxidermist and got frequent flyer miles
Old 11-23-2010, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

those are some great deer, congrats! keep up the hard work and keep the pics coming
Old 11-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice. I love the brows on the first buck. Awesome.

What did your three deer score? They are all great.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the comments, the first one gross scored at 163 3/8", the secound one was 144" and the third one was 130".
Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

Sweet. It feels good when hard work pays off. You're doing something right, for sure. Congrats again!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Spike

Default This never happens to me

1st post, long time listener, first time caller
It must be me. i work my tail off, scout, shoot my bow all year, tune my bow, am fanatical to the point of obsession about scent control, and have never even seen a deer that big in the woods ever. I kill some deer but never even seen one that big. Hunt mostly public land but some very small pieces of private land too.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

jaydee197

You bring up a great point. I read an acticle several years ago from a prostaff member from Ohio who stated you can be a great hunter and not shoot great deer. He summerized it by saying you'll never shoot a big buck if you dont hunt areas where big bucks are. I scout two main counties, Luzerne and Schuylkill. I own eight trail cameras and use them all. Since I mainly hunt mountains and swamps they are great tools in letting you know what type of deer are in the area. By the way, I have never been able to pattern any large bucks in these mountains or swamps. I am always scouting new areas. I only hunt where I know there is a decent buck and usually never hunt these areas until the rut.

By the way, I will probably never see a buck in Pa as big as that first one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.