Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hit deer being pushed by other deer? >

Hit deer being pushed by other deer?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hit deer being pushed by other deer?

Old 11-21-2010, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hit deer being pushed by other deer?

Shot a deer out of a blind yesterday (spike buck). Looked like a good hit. Waited about an hour and a half to check out the arrow. Walked up to the area where deer was hit and found the arrow. Blood on fletchings and clearly a pass through. Saw good blood for as far as I can see. Waited for my hunting partner to join me and then we slowly started tracking blood. Woods clear enough to see for quite a ways with all leaves down, so if we jumped anything we would have noticed.

As we are tracking the blood looks great. I'm expecting the deer to be piled up somewhere in the vicinity. Finally walk up to a place where deer lied down and there were several pools of blood. Blood was kind of darkish, maybe iiver blood.

Blood turned into just drops and led to powerlines where blood just stopped appearing. After the shot several does were being chased by a buck and ran by the spike. I never found my deer and wonder if the does and bigger buck pushed my deer. Any thoughts?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your deer may not have been pushed by them but might have joined them, knowing they were headed to a safer spot. Just my theory.