Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
late rut prediction everyones thoughts >

late rut prediction everyones thoughts

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

late rut prediction everyones thoughts

Old 11-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Spike

Default late rut prediction everyones thoughts

being a bow hunter and not being able to hit the wood due to the shotgun season i spent most of the morning reading through some forums. im sure everyones aware of the predictions of this years rut being late due to the rut full moon falling on sun nov21. with it well into the rut who believes this prediction. all the forums i have read through have been the same. all the early post from mid oct most people were in agreement that they were not going to pay attention to it and that they were going to bank on it being the same as it always is form the 4 thru the 12 being the best days. then as the rut started to kick in the post changed. allot of people were starting to agree with the predictions. people that had managed property were not seeing what they normal see. allot of people were seeing the same thing bucks traveling by themselves and does still in groups. i am laid off at the moment so i have spent everyday in the woods and this is what ive noticed. i have seen a ton of bucks this year and they have been all by themselves except a couple of times. you would think that with all the bucks ive seen that you would see them with does. seems to me that they are all still seeking. i personally now believe this prediction is right. just wanted to get everyones thoughts on this and see how its going for everyone else.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry if it's in your post and I just mis-read it... but what exactly is the prediction? As in- what are the dates?
Old 11-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Spike

sorry for the misunderstanding. Alsheimers predictions for the 2010 rut
  • A minor “sweet spot” of deer activity will occur around Oct 22, as the seeking and chasing phases of the rut will begin, but at a slower pace than usual.
  • Buck activity will really get kicked into gear around the 15th and increase steadily.
  • The major “sweet spot” and the peak of the chasing phase will occur from Nov 21 through 25.
  • Most breeding will be done in the last week of Nov and into early December.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that the rut isn't in full swing yet. Even though I seen two doe's get breed this year. Im still thinking it will be around thanksgiving. A lot of people think that when they see bucks chasing doe's that the rut is in full swing. Thats not the case at all. Some doe's will come into estrus after the october full moon. But the rut moon is in Nov and is based on that. And also remember that a doe will only come into heat for 24 hours.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Spike

I live in southern illinois and tuesday i saw 3 bucks in a field together. I dont believe rut is in full swing yet. I have a friend who believes everything that feild and stream writes and he thinks its over lol.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think us in Wisconsin are going to see a lot of bucks chasing does. I am yet to see a buck chasing a doe this year. I do believe it is later this year.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Seems like the big bucks aren't into the rut quite like they should be around here as well. I've seen the dink bucks chasing but the big bucks have been alone or only half-heartedly following does.

Seeing as how I haven't had a good buck within bow range... I'm still hoping this late rut prediction holds true and I still have a chance to catch a big buck acting stupid.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

Seems to have been right on schedule here in KY. I saw several bucks chasin in western KY. last week. Also saw a booner chasin in the campin area at night....lol.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WIbuckchaser
I think us in Wisconsin are going to see a lot of bucks chasing does. I am yet to see a buck chasing a doe this year. I do believe it is later this year.
Same here, I havent seen much, if any, sign of the rut. It is gun season here now, started today, so I am hoping for a late season buck as well. Only hope this prediction comes to fruition. G/L!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Spike

i think its winding down where i am in ny .. saw alot of activity past couple weeks and nothing at all last 2 days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.