HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Is this a world record tree stand showing? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/334503-world-record-tree-stand-showing.html)

Valentine 11-19-2010 03:00 AM

Is this a world record tree stand showing?

Never saw anyone come close to this record. How many people know where your tree stand is in the woods? This one had a whole lot of people.

In this case, I saw the camera from a large metro television station, focused on a nice climbing stand, left alone in the suburban woods. At least 100,000 area people were seeing on television, just where that tree stand was located. Am I missing something? The hunter spent time to find a good place to hang his tree stand, just to reveal it to over 100,000 minds. Let alone a poacher or two.

To think, I spent the last couple of decades, carrying out my stand after hunting. Just so, a small number, maybe two or three hunters at most, would never find my tree stand, alone in the woods.

M.Magis 11-19-2010 12:47 PM

Hope I'm not the only one that has no idea what the heck you're talking about.

jermelott 11-19-2010 12:54 PM

:hit::confused0024:

Originally Posted by Valentine (Post 3724910)
Never saw anyone come close to this record. How many people know where your tree stand is in the woods? This one had a whole lot of people.

In this case, I saw the camera from a large metro television station, focused on a nice climbing stand, left alone in the suburban woods. At least 100,000 area people were seeing on television, just where that tree stand was located. Am I missing something? The hunter spent time to find a good place to hang his tree stand, just to reveal it to over 100,000 minds. Let alone a poacher or two.

To think, I spent the last couple of decades, carrying out my stand after hunting. Just so, a small number, maybe two or three hunters at most, would never find my tree stand, alone in the woods.

WV Hunter 11-19-2010 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by M.Magis (Post 3725261)
Hope I'm not the only one that has no idea what the heck you're talking about.

I'm with you....not a clue. LOL

bigbulls 11-19-2010 06:42 PM

Things that make you go WTH!

sixgunluvr 11-19-2010 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Valentine (Post 3724910)
Am I missing something?

A few cans.....and a couple cards perhaps..

Pope94/IA 11-20-2010 09:59 AM

I understand it.. Hes asking how many people (like your friends or strangers) know where your stand is located. Then hes saying some guy put a stand up in a nice hunting area and it was viewed on tv so over 100,000 people know the location of the stand.

Only my dad, grandpa, brother, and two friends of mine know where my stands are located.

Valentine 11-20-2010 12:52 PM

It's merely satire; even about a hunter

Here was a poor hunter, an archer, who left his tree stand alone in the woods. And the large local media television station does a story on hunting in a suburban woods and surprise, surprise. They show the thousands of watchers, on TV, the tree stand, all alone in the woods.

How many, and I'd number among them, would want the location of the tree stand known to two people, let alone a few hundred thousand television viewers. Even to me, it seemed funny. Might possible set some record. All in fun and satire, of course.

hardwoodhank 11-20-2010 07:27 PM

So I wonder how many of the 100,000 people know where and how to get to it? Did they show a map and marked trail too?

nodog 11-21-2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by hardwoodhank (Post 3725906)
So I wonder how many of the 100,000 people know where and how to get to it? Did they show a map and marked trail too?

Maybe so but I'd bet they left enough of a trail too it. Still funny to everyone but that hunter and he even might laugh about it. Then again he might have left the trail they used to find it.

Funny story.