HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who has to resight their bow in to match their fixed broadheds? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/33448-who-has-resight-their-bow-match-their-fixed-broadheds.html)

MATTHEWS 07-17-2003 03:40 PM

Who has to resight their bow in to match their fixed broadheds?

Just wandering how many fixed broadhead shooters have to resight their bow in for the opening season. Every time I screw on a 100grain fixed broadhead, they just dont fly identical to my fieldpoints. I always have to resight in. Is it always just me or do other hunters have this problem? Now everytime I screw on a Mechanical broadhead I get identical results to my field tips. This is why I favor mechanical broadheads.

mr4pt 07-17-2003 03:42 PM

RE: Who has to resight their bow in to match their fixed broadheds?

nope, no resighting for me, I use Spitfires

mez 07-17-2003 03:42 PM

I don' t have to re-sight. Thanks to the help of all the techies on this board. I shoot 125gr muzzy three blades and they shoot the same as field tips.

Geronimo 07-17-2003 05:37 PM

Ditto for me....it' s all in the tuning!

corey006 07-17-2003 05:45 PM

Mine aren' t perfect but VERY close( within a few inchs at 50-60 yards). I am shooting a LARGE " cut on contact" with 4 blades so I am happy with what I am getting.

Feathers also make a world of difference too.
I only wish I would have tried them sooner!!!

PORK CHOP 07-17-2003 06:01 PM

I shoot 100 gr. Thunderheads and have to adjust the sight a little, I didn' t when I used the Mechanicals, but I prefer fixed.;)

jetblast 07-17-2003 08:07 PM

Sometimes (due to equipment changes) I' ll have about a 2-3" left difference that I can' t tune out. I' m trying to keep the speed up that can cause problems. No big deal, just tweak the sight.

MBuckH72 07-17-2003 08:34 PM

I dont have to re-sight. As long as the blades are lined up with the feathers and the arrow is straight (which I do anyway with any type of broad head, mechanical or straight) I never have a problem. Always on.

jsasker 07-18-2003 05:39 AM

If everything feels good on the shot and my broadheads are grouping well i do just move the sight to bring the group over or up--maybe with a little more tuning i could get them to impact the same but i don' t have alot of patience and simply moving the sight pins does work for me.

formula1 07-18-2003 06:00 AM

I don' t have to resight and I' m using the 100 grain Slick Trick. They fly as advertised, just like my field points.