Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pa bear

Old 11-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PAnative
my uncle killed the bear..... not even going to correct the stuff you guys are saying because im sure you heard it from a treehugger who made it up. You should hear some of the stuff being said lol its hilarious

congrats to my uncle, on a 100% legit and legal harvest

Here are the facts no matter how you sugar coat it for you uncle

Fact 1.... the bear killed by your uncle was know by the town folk as Bozo

Fact 2.... Bozo was fed by hand for 17 years

Fact 3.... Bozo was so tame he could be hugged and petted

Fact4....Bozo was an easy target because he had no fear of humans

The hardest part about killing Bozo was getting an arrow in him outside of a safety zone (50yds.) That is the only thing that was hard about killing a tame bear.

You uncle managed to do just that.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

It seems to that anyone who is angry about this kill should vent their venom toward the people who made the bear more vulnerable by breaking down it's natural instincts to fear humans.

What did these idiots expect should happen when they fed and handled this wild animal knowing it lived where it could and would be hunted??? I'm sure they thougit was "cute" to disrupt this animals life for their own entertainment.

To his credit, the bear made it 17 years which would lead one to believe that he must not have been all that trusting of humans in general but any blame here should be directed at the humans who set him up for certain death.

From what I understand, this bear was live captured multiple times in New Jersey and PA. Bears travel. Especially males. The humans who destroyed his natural defenses for a few cutesy pictures should be heavily fined at the very least.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
Here are the facts no matter how you sugar coat it for you uncle

Fact 1.... the bear killed by your uncle was know by the town folk as Bozo

Fact 2.... Bozo was fed by hand for 17 years

Fact 3.... Bozo was so tame he could be hugged and petted

Fact4....Bozo was an easy target because he had no fear of humans

The hardest part about killing Bozo was getting an arrow in him outside of a safety zone (50yds.) That is the only thing that was hard about killing a tame bear.

You uncle managed to do just that.
you just dont give up do you chuck? The public is in the wrong here not the hunter!!! no matter how you sugar coat it, no matter how many times you post it, no matter how many different times find a way to change the wording. The public were in the wrong!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by twildasin
you just dont give up do you chuck? The public is in the wrong here not the hunter!!! no matter how you sugar coat it, no matter how many times you post it, no matter how many different times find a way to change the wording. The public were in the wrong!

This is just conclusory. Why are they wrong?
Old 11-26-2010, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is the only thing that was hard about killing a tame bear.
Why does hunting have to be difficult? The way I see it, it should only be legal, the rest is a matter of personal choice.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
This is just conclusory. Why are they wrong?
they are wrong for feeding wild game!!!! end of story they made the bear vulnerable to humans it was there own fault! Thats like me feeding a tamed 200" buck and the first day of rifle in the mountains getting pissed off if he gets shot? please you people never cease to amaze me and you wander why hunters get a bad wrap hell 99% can't figure out why the public ruined this bear. Sad Sad Sad. If the the damn bear was tame it would of been in a cage as a pet! It was not! It was free roaming in the wilderness and people fed it and fed it and fed it and so on and so on and so on then it got use to humans the damn thing did not live in a house like we did! We do have bear seasons around here! It got shot in bear season on public land its DEAD Congrats to the hunter I hope its the record! Further more I hope idiots learn to not feed wild animals any more like there freaking pets! If you want a pet go buy one!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by twildasin
they are wrong for feeding wild game!!!! end of story they made the bear vulnerable to humans it was there own fault! Thats like me feeding a tamed 200" buck and the first day of rifle in the mountains getting pissed off if he gets shot? please you people never cease to amaze me and you wander why hunters get a bad wrap hell 99% can't figure out why the public ruined this bear. Sad Sad Sad. If the the damn bear was tame it would of been in a cage as a pet! It was not! It was free roaming in the wilderness and people fed it and fed it and fed it and so on and so on and so on then it got use to humans the damn thing did not live in a house like we did! We do have bear seasons around here! It got shot in bear season on public land its DEAD Congrats to the hunter I hope its the record! Further more I hope idiots learn to not feed wild animals any more like there freaking pets! If you want a pet go buy one!!!
X2!!! Well said!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are many things that are legal but are not right.

The Phelps clan, the ones that protest at the funerals of fallen soldiers, have a right to protest. They carry signs and say that God is punishing Americans for supporting gay rights. They protest right out side of the funeral in front of the grief stricken family. Yelling at the family and chanting.

As legal as it is, it's wrong!

An 18 year old girl can consent to have sex with a 50 year old man. It is perfectly legal! Yet I doubt many of you would allow your 18 year old daughter to go out with a 50 year old man.

Killing that bear may have been legal, but was it ethical? I guess a few of us have higher standards than others. Some see nothing wrong with killing a tame bear an feel the hunters made a great accomplishment by doing so.

Everyone wants to belittle the guy that fed it. Just know, it was not illegal to feed bears 17 years ago.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Killing that bear may have been legal, but was it ethical?
Why isnt it? cause the bear wasnt as likely to run from humans as another? What difference does it make what the bears state of mind was? its still a wild animal. Besides Ive walked pretty close to some very wild bears in the woods, they didnt seem too afraid and I could have killed them with almost no effort, had I been armed, is that unethical cause the bear was dumb enough not to run? Again, why does there have to be this subjective aspect of difficulty for a hunt to be considered "ethical"?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
There are many things that are legal but are not right.

The Phelps clan, the ones that protest at the funerals of fallen soldiers, have a right to protest. They carry signs and say that God is punishing Americans for supporting gay rights. They protest right out side of the funeral in front of the grief stricken family. Yelling at the family and chanting.

As legal as it is, it's wrong!

An 18 year old girl can consent to have sex with a 50 year old man. It is perfectly legal! Yet I doubt many of you would allow your 18 year old daughter to go out with a 50 year old man.

Killing that bear may have been legal, but was it ethical? I guess a few of us have higher standards than others. Some see nothing wrong with killing a tame bear an feel the hunters made a great accomplishment by doing so.

Everyone wants to belittle the guy that fed it. Just know, it was not illegal to feed bears 17 years ago.
your comparing someones daughter to a wild animal? Not even close!! Nice try though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.