Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Illinois rutting activity slow >

Illinois rutting activity slow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois rutting activity slow

Old 11-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Odd.. My family has downed 4 bucks this week so far and all have been following does.. not really aggressive.. but gettin after it either way..
Old 11-12-2010, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Last night 11-11-10 the bucks were cruising and chasing hard...The Rut has officially started in NE Adams County.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Spike

im in southern il and i have been seeing a little bit of chasing, but i think that it will cool down perfectly for the big bucks to start their chasing. id rather shoot a big one with a bow, but ill take a 160 with a shotgun lol
Old 11-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

I'm thinking first gun season is going to be primetime. I love to bow hunt, but I also like letting the smokepole bark! Sure, I'd rather say that I arrowed a deer, but I JUST LOVE DEER HUNTING, PERIOD!

Good luck to you all, and I hope for you strictly archery hunters that the big ones hunker down once they hear that first blast and wait for you and your arrows! (except the one I shoot, of course )

rw
Old 11-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Spike

Charles A. from Deer and Deer Hunting prediced a late rut based on the rutting moon, late Nov. in the north.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Last night I had a doe that would run out in front of a buck and stop and if he didn't come right away she would run part way back then run off again...at one time she ran a couple circles around him....I think she was in heat and playing hard to get....He was grunting up a storm...Pretty cool to watch.. NE Adams County..
Old 11-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

As of today, people around here are seeing bucks EVERYWHERE. They are seeing the ones that have been laying low, the ones they've never seen before. A good friend of mine shot a P&Y this morning that came to the grunting and finally closed the distance when it caught a whiff of his dominant buck lure. The neighbors up the road have been out blood trailing one of the 8 bucks that came chasing through their woods this morning. And here I am, sitting on the computer! haha I'm itching to be out there, but I decided that since I would be gone all of next weekend (opening firearm weekend) I would spend all weekend with the wife and kids. I am going to burn some BP tomorrow though

rw
Old 11-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Spike

Here in Indiana went out sunday before last and saw 12 deer, one monster buck out about 300 yards chasing and had a small 5 pointer chasing does all around me (this was in monroe county),, went out this eve and saw one deer and hardly any deer sign (in Greene county) weird yr,, has really been to warm I think!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Didn't see any deer last night and didn't see any tonight..Might be starting Lockdown here in NE Adams county...Try again Monday Night.