Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Illinois rutting activity slow >

Illinois rutting activity slow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois rutting activity slow

Old 11-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois rutting activity slow

Well guys its a week before gun season here in Illinois and i have yet to see hardly any rutting activity at all. I sure hope the rut isnt in full swing during gun season. I hate the fact thats the only time some people hunt and then they kill big bucks that other people have been hunting hard and most of the gun hunters dont put any effort into scouting. I guess that sounds selfish but I love to bow hunt and would rather shoot a big deer any day of the week with my bow than i would a gun.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Spike

Default I hear ya

Same up north here real slow and temps are going down right in time for the orange army.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

i starting see some chasing today... but i think unfortunately by next week its really going to turn on
Old 11-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Spike

Yea im in Central VA, and I have not been seeing any signs really. Our gun season comes in in 2 days...it sucks...the only upside to where i a hunting is there is no guns..so its kind of like a hideout for the deer. I just started hunting the property this year and noone else really goes near it. I have passed up a couple small 8's and one six this year so far. Im hoping when the rut does come in that they move even more. Anyone have any ideas on good ideas to hunt the rut? I was thinking of buying a drag scent thing. Or making a mock srape
Old 11-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Spike

Im in central IL. it seems to be slow here too. ive seen a few bucks running does, that was Sunday morning. nothing b4 and nothing since. Cooler temps are on there way back so hopefully it gets going soon.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Spike

I went out saturday and shot this 8 pt. He was doggin a doe at 15 yards tongue out, gruntin and all. Seen prolly 8 dif pairs chasin does

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&id=1145460051
Old 11-11-2010, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

its picking up...rut will be the best around the end of 1st gun season...
Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

This friggin warm front is killing me!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hav ben seein little bucks chase for about a week. hav seen several mature bucks but none hav been interested in does. i think by the looks of it the rut will be in full swing by gun season. prepare to hear of a lot of big bucks killed this yr if not a new record during gun season. jus my prediction
Old 11-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

My crew and hunters aren't seeing any chasing in West Central Illinois, same could be said by me here in NJ, this week sometime things will heat up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.