HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Oneida Bows, any opinions? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/33380-oneida-bows-any-opinions.html)

norsemen 07-16-2003 02:48 PM

Oneida Bows, any opinions?

was looking at a ESCblack Eagle carbon, anyone have any experiance with these
bows, or oneida in general?

Arrroman 07-16-2003 05:27 PM

RE: Oneida Bows, any opinions?

I have the H-500, the Strike Eagle, and the Screaming Eagle. These are the smoothest drawing, fast and accurate bows ever made. But they are long and heavy. All that performance comes with a price, every thousand shots a bowstring or power cable seemed to break. They are alot of fun to shoot though.

nub 07-16-2003 05:59 PM

they are long and heavy.

every thousand shots a bowstring or power cable seemed to break.
But they are fun to shoot?[:o]

Antler Eater 07-16-2003 07:47 PM

All that performance comes with a price, every thousand shots a bowstring or power cable seemed to break.
....Hmmm, so your tellin me I gonna be changin a cable or a string every couple weeks or so? [:o]

nub 07-16-2003 08:10 PM

AE: Tried to email you on another subject. It was undiliverable. Would you email me please?

bullsi 07-16-2003 10:33 PM

ONEIDA isnt that a old rock group.:D:D:D

Carpn 07-17-2003 12:50 AM

If your intested in the Oneidas you should check out the bows made by firebrand tech. They are the previous Oneida patent owners...I could explain the design but its easier just to have you check out their website....www.discoverybowhunting.com...

fupped duck 07-17-2003 04:21 AM

I currently shoot a 2001 Black Eagle. Although it doesn' t have the ESC limbs, it' s still a fine shooting bow. And at 3.5 pounds bare, it isn' t all that heavy. Tip to tip it is 43" , much shorter than the older Strike Eagles, H-500, and Aeroforces.

I have shot the New ESC, and to be quite honest, I didn' t notice any major physical differences in, draw, noise, or shootability. I think more than anything the ESC can offer a reassurance of having the benefits of the latest in composite technology, and higher degree of confidence knowing the limbs aren' t as susceptible to adverse enviroments that laminated limbs are.

As far as cable and strings letting go, well I don' t know what conditions or who wrenches on Arrromans bow, but his results are far from typical.
I have over 5000 shots on mine, and there is absolutely NO sign of degredation of the cables or the string (with the exception of the usual stretch in the string). The cables will develope a black hue at stress points (bends) when they start to weaken. Failing to heed this sign, could possibly lead to unexpected failure. But as a competent archer, you regulary check your bow for any signs of needed maintenance RIGHT? Therefore trouble would be avoided by being aware of the visual clues.....

Antler Eater 07-17-2003 06:32 AM

Nub...you' ve got mail. :)

Deleted User 07-17-2003 06:33 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]