Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Oneida Bows, any opinions? >

Oneida Bows, any opinions?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oneida Bows, any opinions?

Old 07-16-2003, 02:48 PM

Default Oneida Bows, any opinions?

was looking at a ESCblack Eagle carbon, anyone have any experiance with these
bows, or oneida in general?
Old 07-16-2003, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Oneida Bows, any opinions?

I have the H-500, the Strike Eagle, and the Screaming Eagle. These are the smoothest drawing, fast and accurate bows ever made. But they are long and heavy. All that performance comes with a price, every thousand shots a bowstring or power cable seemed to break. They are alot of fun to shoot though.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:59 PM
nub

they are long and heavy.
every thousand shots a bowstring or power cable seemed to break.
But they are fun to shoot?[]
Old 07-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

All that performance comes with a price, every thousand shots a bowstring or power cable seemed to break.
....Hmmm, so your tellin me I gonna be changin a cable or a string every couple weeks or so? []
Old 07-16-2003, 08:10 PM
nub

AE: Tried to email you on another subject. It was undiliverable. Would you email me please?
Old 07-16-2003, 10:33 PM

ONEIDA isnt that a old rock group.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:50 AM
Spike

If your intested in the Oneidas you should check out the bows made by firebrand tech. They are the previous Oneida patent owners...I could explain the design but its easier just to have you check out their website....www.discoverybowhunting.com...
Old 07-17-2003, 04:21 AM

I currently shoot a 2001 Black Eagle. Although it doesn' t have the ESC limbs, it' s still a fine shooting bow. And at 3.5 pounds bare, it isn' t all that heavy. Tip to tip it is 43" , much shorter than the older Strike Eagles, H-500, and Aeroforces.

I have shot the New ESC, and to be quite honest, I didn' t notice any major physical differences in, draw, noise, or shootability. I think more than anything the ESC can offer a reassurance of having the benefits of the latest in composite technology, and higher degree of confidence knowing the limbs aren' t as susceptible to adverse enviroments that laminated limbs are.

As far as cable and strings letting go, well I don' t know what conditions or who wrenches on Arrromans bow, but his results are far from typical.
I have over 5000 shots on mine, and there is absolutely NO sign of degredation of the cables or the string (with the exception of the usual stretch in the string). The cables will develope a black hue at stress points (bends) when they start to weaken. Failing to heed this sign, could possibly lead to unexpected failure. But as a competent archer, you regulary check your bow for any signs of needed maintenance RIGHT? Therefore trouble would be avoided by being aware of the visual clues.....

Old 07-17-2003, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nub...you' ve got mail.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Oneida Bows, any opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.