Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Nov. 5th 10 pointer >

Nov. 5th 10 pointer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nov. 5th 10 pointer

Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Nov. 5th 10 pointer

Thursday morning after finishing a Financing exam I made the hour drive to the hunting cabin. I was really excited, as being able to hunt a Friday morning didn't happen very often for me. Because of the exam, we would not have class the next day.

Friday morning I woke up, and checked the weather forecast. The projected wind had changed, and I could no longer go to the stand that I wanted to. So I decided that I would go with my dad, to a different property 15 minutes away.

I was in a rush because of the change of plans, and I knew I was a little bit late when I could see across the entire cornfield on my way to the stand. This stand is on the far end of the field, in a little corner where we have a food plot. It is about 40 yards in the woods, but you can't shoot to the field.

At 7:40 I stood up to adjust my seat when I heard something off towards the field. I looked over and I see a nice buck making a scrape in the field. Right away I knew he was pretty big, but I couldn't exactly see how big he was because it is pretty thick in that direction. He hit one more scrape and then headed to where I walked in, about 40 yards away from me. He stood there for about a minute, then started heading towards my right. I grabbed my bow, and he decided to turn and head parallel with the field. I knew he would walk right into the opening I walked in on, so I waited until he walked right into the middle of it and stopped. I drew back and shot, thinking I had hit him perfectly. He ran off and I could hear him run down the hill somewhere out of my sight.

I waited 30 minuted and looked for any sign of blood. I found my arrow, and it was full of dark blood. I couldn't find a blood trail, so I backed out thinking it might be a liver hit. 5 hours later we went back in with a group to go look for my buck. We still couldn't find any blood, but after some searching we found him dead about 250 yards away. He bled internally, but my shot was back and high, hitting liver and possibly one lung.

This is my 4th bow buck, and my 3rd biggest buck over all. We scored him at 131 gross, 125 net.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck... congrats on some real nice bucks you have shot also.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck congrats bud!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Spike

Grrrrrreat buck man......
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

great buck
Old 11-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

nice buck man! where abouts do you hunt??
Old 11-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

awesome buck congrats
Old 11-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Absolute beauty! Well done!!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TeamWiscoUNIT61
nice buck man! where abouts do you hunt??
Mainly Buffalo County, but this guy was shot on our property in Temp. County.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes a change in plans is a good thing. Those are some long g3's.... congrats on a great buck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.