Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best Bow for the Money!...........? >

Best Bow for the Money!...........?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Bow for the Money!...........?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default Best Bow for the Money!...........?

So i am now 14 years old, just grown out of my youth bow and i need a new one. I do not have a job nor does my dad (used to be a drug rep.)
obviously i cant just go out and by a 1000$ matthews but i do LOVE bear! I've been using there bows for as long as i can remember and ive taken two bucks with mine. I have been looking at the Charge and the Mauler. i cant believe that the charge is only 300$ not set up. the mauler is 400$ not set up ad ive done research on the charge and everyone has been saying its the best bow in its price range. what do you think, suggestions? preferences? etc. thanks for the help.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

My first three bows were bear bows. For the price you can't beat em. I would defenetely go with a bear if you are on a budget.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

My friend just got a charge the other day and he says he loves it. It looks like and sounds like it is smooth to me.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Check out the Diamond Razors Edge package. That bow will do you until you can afford your $1000 Mathews, if that's what you want!

I bought one for my son and it is really a fine bow for $400!!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by lovethebigguns
Check out the Diamond Razors Edge package. That bow will do you until you can afford your $1000 Mathews, if that's what you want!

I bought one for my son and it is really a fine bow for $400!!
thanks! i just found the package on dick's for 329$, i now thinks its down between that and the charge, the mauler, or the martin bone hunter.

Last edited by huntingkidPA; 11-08-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

I got the Bear charge and I love it. I smoked this bad boy with the charge this year! Its so smooth and quiet. Put the sims dampening system on the bow to reduce the hand shock and you got a bow that has the quality of i higher end bow.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's much bang for the buck with used bows
Old 11-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tim03b
I got the Bear charge and I love it. I smoked this bad boy with the charge this year! Its so smooth and quiet. Put the sims dampening system on the bow to reduce the hand shock and you got a bow that has the quality of i higher end bow.
wow! what a trophy! i got a nine point with my bear odyssey II saturday morning, not quite as big as this monster buts its very respectable for Pennsylvania
Attached Thumbnails Best Bow for the Money!...........?-second_buck9_3.jpg  
Old 11-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

PSE makes some nice bows that are inexpensive. I shoot a PSE stinger, which goes for 299 bare bow. No complaints here. Kills deer just fine.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

check out the 2011 mission bows, the craze it goes up to 70#
My son will be getting this bow for next year, he is out growing his menace, the craze is only 299 bucks. I shot the mission Endevour sweet bow at 399 bucks,venture is 499 this might be my new bow for
next season.

Last edited by jag-mag; 11-08-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.