Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best Bow for the Money!...........? >

Best Bow for the Money!...........?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Bow for the Money!...........?

Old 11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

I really love the venture. Sweet bow.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Last year I picked up a fred bear element. 50-60# and nailed my buck with it last year. I upgraded this year, just for a faster speed and more power, but the bear bows are great for the price. I picked mine up cheap used, and I'll be passing it onto my younger brother.. one of them at least.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Nice job, kid! They train'em young in PA. Now please don't say you're gonna go bowhunt in Illinois when you grow up! There's already a PA plate in every lot here and you could do some damage at your rate!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Fork Horn

Get on ebay and you can find great deals on bows. Used/new whatever. I wanted Hoyt Maxxis 31. Called local shop 949. Called my old dealer in kansas, 747 brand new. Got on ebay. 590 after shipping and everything. Bow prices change according to demand in different regions. But get on ebay. I love my hoyt maxxis 31.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

I too would check Ebay. There are some quality used bows to be had in the $400.00 price range. I still shoot a Mathews Feathermax which was their 1997 model. I bought it new and have only changed the string. All the limbs, cams, etc, are original. It shoots 285 FPS and is quiet. The bucks have no idea what the arrow is being shot out of. I LOVE that bow and don't know if I will ever lay it down. The only way it gets retired is if it breaks. No matter what you choose, I wish you the best of luck.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Zim
Nice job, kid! They train'em young in PA. Now please don't say you're gonna go bowhunt in Illinois when you grow up! There's already a PA plate in every lot here and you could do some damage at your rate!
lmao i can see why. when you hunt the mountains in PA a nice buck is a skinny 6 point!!! lol. i hunt suburban areas with my bow ( yes alot of poeple hate that) but ive seen a buck in my woods that will score atleast 110. pretty good for PA!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I, as others have stated, would suggest going the used route. You can get an almost new top of the line bow, usually decked out with decent gear for close to the same price as a new lower end bow.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

seen a bunch of quest qs 33 on ebay for $279,,
Old 11-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

My vote goes to the 2011 Bowtech Asassian. $599 for a fully decked out bow with IBO speeds of 330+ is a steal! That is if you have that much to speed on a bow. There is nothing wrong with a $300 or so package bow it will get the job done just as good!

With the Bowtech Asassian all you need extra is a release, arrows and something sharp on the end and you are ready to go! The quest bows are so nice shooters but by the time you pay around $300 for the bow and another couple hundred on the stuff to go on it you could have bought an Asassian with sights, peep, Octane quiver, sling, Octane stabilizer and rest. Sounds like a no brainer to me. But really it is what fits you best and not what name is on the bow.