Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tenderloin

Old 11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Tenderloin

What is the best way to cook tenderloin?
Old 11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Fried up with garlic and onions and butter ......... MmmMmmmm!!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

On my grill!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!! Cut up about 1-1/2 thick steaks, soak over night in 7-UP soda and sliced lemon or 2 in a freezer bag. Everynow and then, go squeeze bag to get soda and lemon into the meat more and then next day BBQ with a piece of bacon wrapped around it. Serve with cold beer and enjoy!!!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

The last two deer I killed I kept the loins and backstrap hole and I smoked them. I marinated them overnight in soy sauce, olive oil, and montreal steak seasoning. Then I added bark from my hickory tree and smoked them until the internal temp was around 135 degrees. I was raised being told that venision has to be cooked well done. I now know that it doesn't and cooked to about 135 then I let them sit for about 5 minutes and it is great. If you have a smoke give it a try sometime, you won't be disppointed.
The loins cook pretty quickly in the smoker and make a great snack while we wait on the back straps to finish.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
The last two deer I killed I kept the loins and backstrap hole and I smoked them. I marinated them overnight in soy sauce, olive oil, and montreal steak seasoning. Then I added bark from my hickory tree and smoked them until the internal temp was around 135 degrees. I was raised being told that venision has to be cooked well done. I now know that it doesn't and cooked to about 135 then I let them sit for about 5 minutes and it is great. If you have a smoke give it a try sometime, you won't be disppointed.
The loins cook pretty quickly in the smoker and make a great snack while we wait on the back straps to finish.
Cooked a few backstraps that way myself but I used a rotisserie was good eating.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Fork Horn

I like to get them out fresh clean them up real good salt and pepper it. Get you some foil and place them in that. Pour some Italian Dressing,garlic,butter,fresh onions and put it on the grill for a little while. Great flavor.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

hot and fast its just like a beef steak without as much fat
Old 11-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
The last two deer I killed I kept the loins and backstrap hole and I smoked them.
What is a backstrap hole? I have never seen one with a hole in it.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right from the back to the grill!!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Right from the back to the grill!!

Exactly, i could never understand why people ruin the taste of game with all of these seasonings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.