Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Buck

Old 11-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default My First Buck

Well.. It was 9:30 at night last friday and I was bored sitting at home on the couch. So I decide to bring out the climber across the street from my house on the property I normally hunt. We havent hunted directly across the street in a couple years, its only about 500 yards away from my house maybe a little bit more. So I set up the climber where I noticed a decent crossing earlier in the year in this small mud hole. It was about 30 degrees that night so I figured it would be an awesome morning.

5:50, I wake up look outside and dead calm. Perfect hunting weather. I get all dressed up and eat my Reeses puffs cereal (awesome stuff) and head out into the woods. Sat in the stand for about 35 minutes before it was actually shooting light. Not too long after that i here some crunching behind me. I look back and to the left here comes this spike. I stand up grab my bow and am getting ready as hes walking down the quad trail behind me, appeared as it was going to be an easy shot. 30 Seconds after I see him, here comes a 4 point perpendicular to him walking right my way. As he approaches the spike, they tickle the tines together. This was all at about 25 yards. As they stop sparring the 4 point turns and looked like he was going to walk away. He stopped quartering away I drew back and let the arrow fly.

I ended up spining him so I put another arrow in him right after he dropped which ended up being a gut shot because it was a bad angle but I didnt want him to suffer. I climbed down and finished him off.

Im super excited and Happy for this is my first buck and first connecticut deer. I shot a bb last year but I didnt count that. WOOO HOO!
He ended up dropping in the mud so he was a little messy for pictures

Sunday night my dad also took a Spike up at our property in new york.. Unfortuneatly he didn't get any pictures

Last edited by bigwhitetailbuck; 11-05-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats! Your pic.s didn't work for me though.
Again good job, still waiting for my buck this year.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

congrats man. always nice to get the first. pics didn't show, post them again.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

There we go pictures should work now
Old 11-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go buddy congrats on yur first buck and a fine specimen he is!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Nice first buck. Now if you can pass some of that luck my way, I'd certainly appreciate it. Maybe this weekend using some dragline might bring em along.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Spike

congrats on the first buck!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

CONGRATS from ole dd ...hell of job and that smaile is what it is ALL about ...you are da man!

dd
Old 11-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Spike

Congrats brother!! I agree with DD, that smile says it all!!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your first buck!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.