Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage Never Opened UP!! >

Rage Never Opened UP!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Never Opened UP!!

Old 11-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Fork Horn

Now that your going to change...what FB's u looking at??? Curious...i'm facinated and kind of addicted to the "new broadhead" craze....i'm always looking at the new heads and wondering...haha. I've heard alot of good things about the G5's FB. good luck
Old 11-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

are you using the kind the slip slightly under the rubber band? the 2 blades, they cant fall!!!! they are so sensitive when i put them in my quiver they open!!!!!! i just got a nine point with my rage today
Old 11-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Well I can tell you that it is not impossible for the blades not to open, but it is a once and a million shot. I placed a shot on a spring gobbler and it was a bad one. It went through both eyes. Dropped it where is stood but the blades did not open. Now that is a rare case and I have pics of it. Do I believe that you can hit a deer in the vitals and it did not open, well lets just say that I would have to see the pics. I think that we can agree on 1 thing, there are a ton of blades out there for all of us to give a try and find the ones that we like. I'll stick with the rage until I am disappointed. 3 years and going. I just wish that I came out with this design because I'd be havin a whole lot of fun...
Old 11-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot two blades and to me it seems impossible (the way they are designed) to not open up on impact.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only have one thing to say, GRIMREAPERS!!!! I have taken over 43 animals, deer, bear, hogs and a Gold Series Catalina Ram and have NEVER lost one!!! They perform as they advertise, watch them drop!!!
I have had less than 5 animals travel over 75yds and never over 125 yds, less than ideal hits. They don't use rubberbands to hold them closed. They have a trocar tip that smashes bone like an ax.
They make a video that shows them using several brands of fixed and expandable heads shooting into plywood, steel drums, angle shots, etc... They all failed compared to the GR's. You won't go wrong.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Spike

Enough Said!!!!! Looks just like the buck that was also shot with the 2 blade. Sorry to burst your rage loving bubbles because it broke mine, but it does happen guys. This is an exit hole of a 3 BLADE. One blade was bent over extremely bad. No way you can tell me that opened. Only 3/4 exit. Again not trying to start a debate. I am strictly telling the true... No reason for me to lie to people I don't even know!

I will get those pictures as soon as I can!!!

Attached Thumbnails Rage Never Opened UP!!-rage-2blage.jpg  

Last edited by ebieszk; 11-07-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said in my earlier post, GrimReapers. I just took my 5th deer this year this morning, a 2 year old doe, with the same GR broadhead. Went only 50 yds and the only thing I have done is take it apart, clean it, put back together and re-sharpen. Killing again!!!!! Nuf said!!!!

Last edited by SecondChance; 11-08-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've found that my rage is good for one shot then needs to be cleaned to make sure the blades will swing freely. Once taken apart, cleaned and put back together they work fine.

It's simple to test. Move the blades out from under the o-ring, they should simply fall into place. If they don't somehting is preventing it, take apart, clean, replace and they work again.

You really need to do this to re-sharpen/replace the blades after a shot anyway.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Someday someone must explain to me the physics of how a rage broadhead won't open. I just don't see how it can't. You can barely touch a blade and it's opening! How in the world is it not going to open at a deer going 300fps?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Spike

Sucks to have a bad experience with a broadhead. I have been shooting the rage 2 blades for 2 years now. Harvested 4 deer none ran over 40 yards. All pass throughs except the 6 pt I spined. Shot distances were from 15 yards to 32 yards. The 6 pt I shot in the spine the rage went through the thickest part of the spine and I was able to pull it out the other side with just my hands. My experience has been nothing but outstanding with them. Better blood trails then any of the fixed blade heads I have used.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.