Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage Never Opened UP!! >

Rage Never Opened UP!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Never Opened UP!!

Old 11-05-2010, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

I can see it happening. Before I spent the money on spitfires I thought I could get away with a cheaper brand. Well the 5 pt I shot I had a clean pass through, it was a 3 blade. 1 blade opened up full, 1 only half way and 1 not at all. I found him mabey 60 yards away dead but after looking at the whole I knew it was time to spend the money. But now I even have to 2nd guess the spitfires although I have never had a problem with them. Mechanical is mechanicle and failures I guess will happen.

On mine though, I spray a lubericant on it and work it it in.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Switched from montecs to Rage a few years ago. Shot a lot of deer with them with no problems at all. I often wonder if people dont check them taking them in and out of the quiver to make sure they are set.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow.....why would anyone even want to chance shooting something that might not open up. Personally I don't know how the blades wouldn't open up an the rage, are you using steel o-ring's. But either way I hate those heads. They are a one shot broadhead, they open up in the quiver if you bump them and personally they don't leave great blood trails
Old 11-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Spike

Lets not make this into a rage bashing please!!!! I just wanted to share with you guys/girls two honest accounts on the rage broadheads. Remember I have had great success with the rage but for the first time I have seen problems. Just wanted to inform you and Im going to take pictures when I can get over to my dads house!

This had nothing to do with not checking blades or anything with improper set up (trust me)!! Also ill stick up for the people who like mechanicals by saying this…. ISN’T YOUR WHOLE BOW A MECHANICAL DEVICE? Or you guys must shoot recurves, my bad. Personal preference to shoot whatever you want…. Again this is my experience and I just wanted to share, NOT bash!!! Ill have hopefully sometime soon.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow.....why would anyone even want to chance shooting something that might not open up.
Yeah, and those people who drive trucks to get to the woods. Trucks Man!!!! Trucks have hundreds of moving parts!!!!!! Any one could fail and put you down beside the highway or cause your death!!!!! Wake up people!!!!

Climbing stands????? Are you serious??? It's a mechanical device!!!! Why would anyone use one???? Wake up people!!!!

Compound bows???? Oh my God don't even get me started!!! It has moving parts man! MOVING PARTS!!!!! How clear does it have to be for ya man?????!!!!

Don't even get me started on guns. They couldn't possibly work more than what 25% of the time. I mean they're a mechanical device. Right?

There is only one sure fire no fail way to hunt, buck naked with a sharpened stick. Why take a chance man. If you aren't hunting buck naked with just a sharpened stick then you are headed for heart break man.

LOL! you guys are a riot.

I'll just say this. I have personally killed deer with 3 different mech heads. (Lot of different fixed heads too) I personally know at least 12 other bow hunters that have used 4 or 5 different mech heads as well. We have had some likes and dislikes with some. BUT, not a single one of us have ever had one of any kind fail to open. The "ONLY" place I ever encounter these claims is on the internet. And quite frankly I'm highly suspicious of most of these claims. The first suspicious thing is that in virtually every one of these "it didn't open" stories it was a "perfect shot". LOL! Never hear anyone say, " I shot him dead in the @$$ and I think the head didn't open". LOL! No it's always a perfect hit and the deer either got away or had to be tracked to Antarctica (despite being double lunged). Never mind that if you put a field tip through both lungs the deer would be dead pretty quickly. You might not have a good blood trail, but a collapsed lung is just as nonfunctional regardless of the type hole you put in it.

Amazing to me that 13 or so bow hunters could kill dozens of deer with mech heads with not a single problem and yet some on the internet claim failure rates of 30, 50, sweet hallelujah even 100 percent. LOL! It defies logic.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never had a problem with mine, work great.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

that kinda sucks... at least you found them!!!!

show us some pictures if possible!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

That's really weird. I used Rages for one year and had the exact opposite problem-- they opened up in my quiver walking to my stand, which made me nervous that they would open up from the vibration of the string on a shot. I couldn't deal with it, been shooting G5 strikers ever since.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Spike

You said in the first post you video taped it...
Old 11-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

It seems like people either think Rages are the Bees Knees or they are the worst thing on the planet. Those who think they are the Bees Knees can't figure out why others don't like them.

Personally, I am sticking with fixed blades. Fairly hard for a fixed blade to not open up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.