Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage Never Opened UP!! >

Rage Never Opened UP!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Never Opened UP!!

Old 11-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Spike

I have been a 2 blade rage user since it came out. Works on every deer i harvested. never dissapointed me. gave great blood trial. a few pass through as well. no deer went pass 50 yards i can say that. but yeah, if it ain't working out, a change is always good. good luck.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats because you're using the blue practice headJust Kidding
Old 11-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
What is so strange is how guys like you care so much about proving or disproving a guys experience. Now that's one a person has to be suspect of.
Not disproving but trying to understand how a 1" fixed can put a deer down dead extremly quick on a good shot but a 3/4" Rage that didn't open on a "almost perfect shot" can't put a deer down quick, the deer went over a quarter mile, let alone even kill the deer. The deer was still alive when they found the deer.

It's 1/4" difference in diameter and according to all the fixed guys when you compare your 1-1 1/4" diameter fixed to a 2" diameter head (a 3/4-1" difference) you all say "that little bit doesn't matter" and/or "well if you hit them where you're suppose to it doesn't matter".

Again, I'm not trying to disprove it happened I'm trying understand:

Why a small fixed head (1" diameter) can kill a deer quick but a 3/4" diameter can't? when the deer is hit almost perfect and you get a passthrough.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Spike

If it didn't open up, wouldn't the front of the blades that are supposed to catch and push back (the unsharpened parts) the blades create a "pathway" for the back of the sharpened blades to flow through the tissue, bone, vitals? It might be just my way of thinking but i think anything that the back unopened blades would potentially cut would be pushed out of the way by the front dull parts, and not allow good clean cuts to cause hemmorage.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

My cousin shot one last weekend that didn't open either. He tracked the doe over 300 yards on a double lung shot and when he got there she was still alive. It happens and that is why I have never shot a mechanical and never will. I don't see any reason at all to shoot a mechanical head. None whatsoever.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Meat seekers!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man some of you guys are seriously miracle workers! I will be truly excited when I find an animal that a rage didn't open on...

Sorry for your experience. Fortunately u found the critters! Good thing u found them and know that they didn't open too so u know it wasn't just a bad shot etc.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not disproving but trying to understand how a 1" fixed can put a deer down dead extremly quick on a good shot but a 3/4" Rage that didn't open on a "almost perfect shot" can't put a deer down quick, the deer went over a quarter mile, let alone even kill the deer. The deer was still alive when they found the deer.

It's 1/4" difference in diameter and according to all the fixed guys when you compare your 1-1 1/4" diameter fixed to a 2" diameter head (a 3/4-1" difference) you all say "that little bit doesn't matter" and/or "well if you hit them where you're suppose to it doesn't matter".

Again, I'm not trying to disprove it happened I'm trying understand:

Why a small fixed head (1" diameter) can kill a deer quick but a 3/4" diameter can't? when the deer is hit almost perfect and you get a passthrough.
Because that small diameter fixed blade is razor sharp and is cutting going in, going through, and exiting. Razor sharp blades cut cleanly and cause massive hemorrhaging while a mechanical that didn't open up would act much like a field tip. It would do very little damage and the damage that it did do would be rips and tears instead of clean cuts and would allow the wounds to clot very very quickly thus allowing the animal to travel long distances before eventually succumbing to his wounds, possibly days or weeks later.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wingchaser_labs
Doesn't everyone ever remember what they teach ya in hunters safety? A safety is a mechanical device and may fail so keep your muzzel pointed in a safe direction all the time. Well mech bh is a mechanical device that may fail at any time so please leave them at home or don't buy then and get yourself a good fb bh.

Everyone learns. Ive heard so many people over the years who use to shoot mech and say never again after something fails. I've almost never heard anyone say that about a fixed blade and if they do its a cheap walmart one and the blades fell off cuz it was made like junk.
So is the compound bow, releases, and fall away rests. I guess we shouldnt hunt with those either?
Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 AM
Fork Horn

love to see the film or pictures,in all my years of using mechanicals not one failure or lack of penatration.

even with my 2 inch cut vortexs the swing type heads or cheap allen heads not one failure thats shooting about 4-6 deer a year..

only problems i had with rages were the blades always would open with the slightest bump cant see them not opening,the 3 blades and the cost..used them once and they worked good for me..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.