Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2nd Illionis Buck 2010 = 10th Deer Down >

2nd Illionis Buck 2010 = 10th Deer Down

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2nd Illionis Buck 2010 = 10th Deer Down

Old 11-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on a great buck.....Brown County?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
congrats on a great buck.....Brown County?
No ... The fisrt buck I killed this year was over at Larry's... the 2nd Buck I killed here where I hunt the majority of the time... How are you doing? Any luck so far and are you heading over to brown county this year for archery or just going for firearm???
Happy Hunting !!!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm doing well, no Illinois hunting this year. The farm I hunt was sold at the last minute, didn't have time to to drive out and scout, but the owner has 250 acres he is giving us for next year it's in PIKE COUNTY, a outfitter in that area has the lease now, he hunts it for himself and his brother has no clients on it, the farmer next door also wants to lease it, this tells me that there must be something running on it that they want!!!!! Also he is working on another 650 acres for us for next year.

The new owners of the sold farm are A-holes they will kill anything, they where told of the bucks that roam it, but they want meat only..Oh well to each there own!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I'm doing well, no Illinois hunting this year. The farm I hunt was sold at the last minute, didn't have time to to drive out and scout, but the owner has 250 acres he is giving us for next year it's in PIKE COUNTY, a outfitter in that area has the lease now, he hunts it for himself and his brother has no clients on it, the farmer next door also wants to lease it, this tells me that there must be something running on it that they want!!!!! Also he is working on another 650 acres for us for next year.

The new owners of the sold farm are A-holes they will kill anything, they where told of the bucks that roam it, but they want meat only..Oh well to each there own!!!
Well that sucks... sorry to hear about you not being able to hunt it this year... ya know the old saying .. when he closes a door a window opens... and hopefully that will hold true in your case...it sounds like your right , there must be something good running in there that they all want. Were going back over to Larry's in Brown County after the 1st gun season to kill some Doe's for Larry.. we had a blast doing it last year
Ya know Larry has 412 acres of his property for sale in Brown County... where I shot my 1st buck this year... its AWESOME property.. I wish I could afford to buy itI really love that area , its so remote, rugged and beautiful, I figure one of the neighboring outfitters will proabably jump on it.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doug just may buy it, he has lots of $$$$$$.......Any idea the asking price?

what are some of the better bucks you have seen on there as of late?

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 11-12-2010 at 04:52 AM.