HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   help with a rage broadhead (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/332978-help-rage-broadhead.html)

marlin30/30_drabe 10-29-2010 05:09 PM

help with a rage broadhead

before i begin please no "thats a bad broadhead" or "should of got this" or whatever i just want some help here. my question is i have rage 40ke because i am smaller framed and i missed a doe one night and my arrow sailed into the mud. i bought replacment blades and i cant seem to get the little pin that holds the blades out. the directions arent very helpful and all i can find on the internet is reviews so if you have some input please post

DDMPrecision 10-29-2010 07:49 PM

Can't say as I've had that issue, but I would think that a small drift punch would knock it out fairly easily.
However, being a mechanical, I'd be sure to recheck function before I put it out for hunting.
I'd clamp the BH in a vise wrapped in a towel with just enough force to hold it steady to knock the pin out, swap the blades, and tap the new one in.

Brow Tine Productions 10-30-2010 12:06 AM

I would contact Rage directly. I've talked with them extensively, although it wasn't for a malfunction reason, and their level headed folks. Here is Rage's "contact us" email - [email protected] ... hopefully this helps and good luck with the rest of your season

Brow Tine Productions 10-30-2010 12:07 AM

Sorry .. they're level headed folk ... time for sleep lol

tedrow 10-30-2010 12:25 AM

it should be a small allen head screw. not justa pin. sometimes those screws get set pretty good. ive shot rage for 3 years now and have had a couple that i could not get. i busted my wrenches.

marlin30/30_drabe 10-30-2010 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by tedrow (Post 3711802)
it should be a small allen head screw. not justa pin. sometimes those screws get set pretty good. ive shot rage for 3 years now and have had a couple that i could not get. i busted my wrenches.

the tip i got out just fine its the pin that holds the 2 blades they are just little pins. i think i will contact rage

3tail 10-30-2010 09:35 AM

maybe they where put in with a drop of loctite if they where put in with the red type you will need s little hest to get them out but if they used the blue you should be able to get them out with just the wrench but it still will be tough .

jakelogsdon 10-30-2010 10:05 AM

It is a hammered in pin. It is truly a pain in the ass to change the blades. It helps to have the proper tools. But no matter, it is not easy. The older style rage had Allen screw pins and were fairly easy to work with. But they stopped making them like that. In your replacement blade package you should have got some new pins. If you examine them you can see how they work. That should help you figure out how to remove the old pins and blades as well