Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nice PA 9

Old 10-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on your buck! And, yes, that is what a picture is supposed to look like, excellent work! The one with you and your dog is fantastic.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:44 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

Default Nice buck!

Be PROUD little buddy! It's ALWAYS great to see the younger generation taking up the sport we LOVE.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks, guys! I had that post in mind about the clean pictures so i tried to wipe as much blood off as possible.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on a great deer(good looking lab to)
Old 10-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome deer! What kind of bow is that?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Spike

Default Great Buck Tim !!!

My son just got into bow hunting and has had a couple shots at bucks the past two years. He hit them but did not get good penetration. We found blood but could not recover them . How many lbs. do you shoot with your bow and what speed is your arrow? I am trying to understand how he can get better penetration with his arrow's. He uses a rage 2 blade, but does not get good penetration. He pulls 50 lbs, so I don't know the answer how to help him. Any advice would be greatfull.........beautiful buck!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by H.L.H
Awesome deer! What kind of bow is that?
Im shooting a Bear Charge set at 65 lbs with Carbon Express maximas tipped with the two blade rage and Slick tricks. I think my bow is hooting around 245 FPS and is unloading around 47-50 lbs of kinetic energy.

Last edited by tim03b; 10-29-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ISHAMKBJ
My son just got into bow hunting and has had a couple shots at bucks the past two years. He hit them but did not get good penetration. We found blood but could not recover them . How many lbs. do you shoot with your bow and what speed is your arrow? I am trying to understand how he can get better penetration with his arrow's. He uses a rage 2 blade, but does not get good penetration. He pulls 50 lbs, so I don't know the answer how to help him. Any advice would be greatfull.........beautiful buck!!!!!!!
Well first off i deff would not be shooting rage 2 blades at only 50 lbs. Rage makes another 2 blade broadhead made for bows shooting less than 40 pounds of kinetic energy. I would switch to them if you choose to stay with mechanicals. If not switch to slick tricks. I love them. The problem with them is the fact that they lack the cutting diameter that the rage have. But if the shot is in the right place your boy should be a killing machine with those heads.
Another thing i highly recommend people when they bring their bows in to get checked up is to make sure the bow is tuned. The better tuned it is the more efficient the bow transfers energy to the arrow, which ultimately leads to better penetration.
And last but not least i would try to find out how much kinetic energy your son's bow is putting out. Doing this will help him and you decide what broadhead to use. If he is shooting close to 50 lbs of kinetic energy he will be fine with just about any head. However, if he is shooting less i would consider a fixed blade or the two blade rage specifically made for bows putting out a less amount of energy.
Do this and he'll be alright. And remember....nothing substitutes for a well placed shot. He puts any head into the pump house and its lights out for old bone head.

Hope this helped, Tim
Old 10-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn that's a nice PA buck. Congrats.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

very nice buck! congrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.