Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Not sure what to say...let me explain. >

Not sure what to say...let me explain.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not sure what to say...let me explain.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe you can find one just like it on ebay or bowsite and borrow one until it comes in
Old 10-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Spike

Had the same thing happen to me 13 years ago. Two days before the opening day of archey season my limb snapped. I went and bought a used bow from the local pro shop the next day. Sighted it in and went to camp that night. The next morning i shot my first buck ever with a bow a nice 8 point at 8am. I can relive that story any day as he is on my wall. Now he is not a giant but my first buck ever and shot in pa well before ar.
You may end up with the same ending to your story. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's an Mathews LX limb for $45. You will have to contact the seller to see if it is still available. If not, then try buying the limb from Mathews, Ebay or elsewhere on archery talk classifieds:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...t=mathews+limb
Old 10-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kwilson16
Here's an Mathews LX limb for $45. You will have to contact the seller to see if it is still available. If not, then try buying the limb from Mathews, Ebay or elsewhere on archery talk classifieds:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...t=mathews+limb

Thanks for the help.

I went to my buddies at our pro shop and he made me love them and Mathews even more. Even though the bow is 7 years old, I get free limbs from Mathews since I'm the original owner. PLUS...another reason to go to your local pro shop over the big box guys...since I bought it off of him, he is ordering them for me, and all of his labor to install them is FREE. They really are great people. They are the largest Mathews AND Hoyt dealer in Indiana, this kinda shows why, and I am very lucky to have a shop of this caliber in my county.

I will admit though, what I'm leaning toward doing is going over tonight and picking up a Z7 and dialing it in and go shoot my buck tomorrow...Josh, the archery manager at the pro shop even told me they'd buy my bow after he gets the limbs put on!!

This may turn out ok guys!!
Old 10-30-2010, 03:34 AM
Typical Buck

Just wanted to give you an update.

As of last night I am now the PROUD owner of a new Mathews Z7. What a sweeeeeeeeet bow. That thing is definitely as smooth and quiet as everyone says it is. And pretty damn fast as well!! I have just a little more tweeking to go and I'll be ready!!!

After the boys on my youth tackle football team kick some A$$ this morning in their first play off game I'll be in the stand the rest of the weekend!

Thanks again for the help and the kind words fellas!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

AAAHHHH ya lucky dog!
Congrats on the new bow and good luck!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by eureka77
AAAHHHH ya lucky dog!
Congrats on the new bow and good luck!
Thank you sir.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

i still have my first bow shes a bute still killin carp to this day i got a hoyt for deer