Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
RAM CAT Broadheads >

RAM CAT Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RAM CAT Broadheads

Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RAM CAT Broadheads

Has anyone here had any experience with RAM CAT broadheads? The guy at the bow shop said they fly great and really do the job they are intended to do.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

if he's selling them I'm sure he did say that

so we really, REALLY need more gimmic broadheads?

you can't find one right now that flies great and does the job ?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Ranger77 having a bad day? He's just looking for info and feedback on the broadheads....

That's a part of what this website is about if you didn't know.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Ranger,

He had many Broadheads and could have sold me ANY OF THEM. They certainly weren't the most expensive. I do have experience with 2 blade RAGE and have always liked them. I was just wanting to try something different and wanted those who KNEW FROM EXPERIENCE if they liked them or NOT.

I was hoping someone would post POSITIVE comments or results that might save someone else time or money in using/buying these broadheads. Obviously you wouldn't qualify for that!

Happy Hunting!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been on this forum since the days in which it was born ..... I know what its for.

I've not shot those heads, they're another gimmich mechanical that's going to make some money for someone and that's about it. Stick with a good, proven fixed blade head and you'll be happier in the longrun.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Ok maybe I can be of some help unlike ranger77. I know 3 guys that that shoot them and they love them. One of them shot 2 hogs last week with them one at 35 yards and one at 55-60 yards and had a pass thru on the first one and the second about 2/3 of the arrow was stickin out the opposite side. Another guy shot a doe 2 weekends ago and got a complete pass thru. She ran about 60 yards and died. The 3rd guy ain't shot nothin with them yet but he says they fly really good.

Edit: hey ranger77 I know that your not a fan of mechanicals but u really are stupid cause the ramcats are freaking fixed blade and your telling him not to buy them and get fixed blades. I mean do you even know what they look like?? The only moving that the blades do is they will fold forward a little bit so the sharpened edges of the back side of the blades will cut if the arrow pulls out. If u do not want them to do this all u do is tighten the little screw down and they want move. How bout u stop posting on stuff that u don't know about cause u are no help of what he is asking.

Last edited by BIGBUCK17; 10-27-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Spike

[quote=Ranger77]I've been on this forum since the days in which it was born ..... I know what its for.

Yet, he's only been a member since July 2010?!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ranger77
I've been on this forum since the days in which it was born ..... I know what its for.

I've not shot those heads, they're another gimmich mechanical that's going to make some money for someone and that's about it. Stick with a good, proven fixed blade head and you'll be happier in the longrun.
Umm... HNI wasn't born in July of 2010.

Seeing as how this is a fixed blade head... quite frankly if you like the look of them and they shoot well for you.... ROLL WITH IT! You put that arrow where it needs to go and I'm sure those Ramcats will do nicely for you.

Last edited by SwampCollie; 10-27-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ranger77

This isn't the first time I've read your commements concerning mechanicals--whats the deal? It doesn't take a wise man to realize if you haven't used something and have absolutely no exprience with it then why would you have an opinion on it-gimmich.. I've tried nummerous fixed blade broadheads thru the years-some I've liked and some are junk.. The ones that I have viewed as junk have been "so-called" proven by many other hunters. They just didn't cut it for me.. For a longtime I refused to try a mechanical-finally I tried some rage 3-blade and LOVED them! Just recently I've been shooting NAP bloodrunner 3-blade and this is by far the BEST bradhead I've ever used. I've shot 2 deer them this year so far and have had the best blood trails that I have ever seen. They are strong-reliable-fly absolutely perfect (field-pt. accuaracy beyond 60 yards). I personally have no experience with the RAM CAT but give them a try and see if you like them--to be honest thats just about the only way you will get a real idea of what you like.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

Guys,

Thanks for all the help and comments. I appreciate your willingness to help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.