HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Midwest Chasing? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/332680-midwest-chasing.html)

ebieszk 10-25-2010 06:19 PM

Midwest Chasing?

Just wondering if anyone in the Midwest area has seen any bucks chasing does... If so how big?

I had a really nice 10pt chase a doe by me Saturday morning... If i could have stopped him, he might have got an arrow!!!

Hunt or Die 10-25-2010 06:41 PM

I had some young bucks chasing yesterday morning

timmyzimmy 10-25-2010 06:54 PM

Hadn't seen much action yet in WIS- wittenberg area. But with all this rain and now a crazy wind storm coming. Things this week could be slow and get turned on about Friday. That's the hope anyway cuz my week vacation starts at noon Friday. And I should live in my stand for a week. (Or less :) if things go well)

SecondChance 10-25-2010 07:33 PM

Here in So. Il, I was watching my buddies trail cams tonight on the computer and saw 4 bucks still in bachelor groups walking around in his foodplot tonight together!!!!! I have hunted 5 times since last Monday Am and have not seen any bucks chasing. Killed a management 3-1/2 to 4 yr old 5pt 2 weeks ago friday. Tarsal glands were clean as could be!!!! No scent or color change. Maybe this cool front coming this week may do something for us.

wingchaser_labs 10-25-2010 09:03 PM

Tons of chasing. Scrapes are getting destroyed, I've had 12 diff bucks hit my scrape in the last ten days Mostly at night but a some lil bucks during the day and 4 shooters even at various times last week in the light. I took in 5 bucks this weekend. Smallest was 140" biggest was 176". Know of a couple others shot this weekend that were huge in our area. Neighbor hit a big 160s yesterday that was runnin a doe hard. He barely got the buck stopped and basically had to yell at him at ten yards but with a one lung and liver shot he had to track a ways and got rained out while tracking and lost all blood. He is still searching for that one and almost got ran over by a doe and another big 150" buck while looking for his today. All heck is gonna break loose with this cold snap coming. This week and weekend will be huge for big bucks dropping. The bucks are pumped up too. 3 of the 5 had 25+ inch necks and went well over 200lbs and the big 176 id guess was 230lbs if not more. Good luck. The rut is on and if you find an early doe in heat ur in the hot seat. Bring on Halloween weekend!!

ebieszk 10-26-2010 05:58 AM

wingchaser... Sounds like a lot of the same action we have up here in central wis. The bucks are just pounding the scrapes. Hope the weather stays nasty until the weekend. Should be a good one! Gotta love Halloween

wingchaser_labs 10-26-2010 09:19 AM

Yeah its really heatin up in WI. The next 12 days are gonna be the main rut

Brian K 10-26-2010 09:30 AM

I personally have not seen any bucks chasing yet. I'm also in central Wisconsin. Once the wind moves through, hopefully we'll start seeing some action. Weekend looks good so far...

PY Antlers 10-26-2010 10:38 AM

I'm also in west central WI and its really spotty, saw 2 shooters eating within 10 feet of each other last night. Very few scrapes here but you go 10 miles north and its tore up. Like someone else said, I think this weekend its going to get wild!

Brian K 10-26-2010 12:10 PM

Hey Wisconsin Guys,

I saw rubs and scrapes really, really early this year compared with, say, the last 5 years. I started noticing scrapes in early Sept. as well as rubs. All that activity seems to have slowed in the last week or so... Anyone noticed similar behavior or is it just me?