Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My son gets his first deer with bow tonight >

My son gets his first deer with bow tonight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My son gets his first deer with bow tonight

Old 10-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default My son gets his first deer with bow tonight

Well as stated my 14 yr old son got his first deer with his bow tonight. I really didnt want to go out tonight as I havent felt all that great and it was pooring out. But rain finally let up and I couldnt say no. As we got to the blind overlooking my food plot I told him when we got there its gonna happen tonight. I just knew the deer would hit that plot after the rain stopped. We were in blind all of 30 min and I caught movement and a lone button buck stepped out and was eating. He faced the blind and didnt offer a shot even though he was 10 yds. I believe he caught wind of us and started heading back to cover.. My son asked should I take it its a button I said if your happy with him go for it. As he drew the deer caught the movement and turned to check it out. My son Tanner steadied up and absolutely drilled him at 18 yds. Shot placement was text book in at last rib exit front armpit off side. Although I knew it was money we went home all of 500 yds and ate then went back out. I was a little concerned only finding a few drops of blood then nothing but stayed on the path and just looked for white belly it didnt take long 35yds from point of impact there he laid. It was excitied as any deer I had ever shot. What an awesome yr from turkey to all the hours practicing this summer with the bows to the culmination tonight. I sure pity the fathers out there that never get to experience the true bonding that takes place when you are shaking like a leaf and hugging each other. Now its time for the old man to draw some blood but should it not work out my season is complete
Attached Thumbnails My son gets his first deer with bow tonight-img_0533.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats to both you and your son, something to be extremely proud of.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

congrats to your son! great story
Old 10-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I can still remember how I felt the first time I shot one, Boy was I ever excited. I bet he's pumped, and he should be its an accomplishment, Good for him and I bet your a proud father for sure.

Ryan.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is awesome. I will never forget when my son took out his first deer. It was a little doe but that was one of my best memories out in the field ever.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Fork Horn

That's awesome, what a great memory for the 2 of you. Congrats to you and your son. Good Luck the rest of the season.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Spike

Man... I cannot wait to get my son out to shoot his first one.. Congrats to the both of you!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG!!!! Congrats to your son on a fine nanny.... I envy you having that time with your son... My son never wanted to get involved with hunting... GL to you on drawing some blood this year...
Old 10-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

thats an awesome story thanks for sharing. i cant wait till my sons are old enough to get them out in the field. im going to take my four year old out when rifle comes around so he doesnt have to be as quiet. he isnt going to shoot but he is going to be there to watch how its done.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you Both..Nice story and a Great Ending!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.