Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
remember when...... >

remember when......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

remember when......

Old 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default remember when......

remember when you started hunting and any deer was fair game. if a button buck was walking to me my heart rate would go from 80 to 1000 in 1.2 seconds. I would be shaking uncontrollably. Don't blow it, don't blow it I would say to my self just before I sent an arrow 20 feet in any of the wrong direction. Lol. You would be the talk of the school buddies as a hunting god. And if that poor little thing had 1 three inch spike on its head I would feel like puking I was so nervous.

It's been 25 years and with my share of deer under my belt and age. Well, I had this little 8 point walk by me opening morning last saturday. My hand never reached for my bow. My heart rate stayed at 80. I just sat back and enjoyed every second of watching him do his thing.

And for a minute, I wish I could have been 16 again. I kinda miss that.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I am 43, and have been deer hunting since I was 18, (bow hunting the last 10), and my heart rate still goes up when I se a button buck. I now pass on the smaller bucks, but the little ones still get me going too.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my first bow with a Bear Grizzly in 1983...and my heart still races when any deer is close. I take quite a few does during the year, and they make me shake just like a big 'ol buck.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Well, I am 43, and have been deer hunting since I was 18, (bow hunting the last 10), and my heart rate still goes up when I se a button buck. I now pass on the smaller bucks, but the little ones still get me going too.
43 here too but only deer hunting since about 23. Every deer gets me going.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

31 here, got really serious into hunting at around 20yrs old. Every deer I see gets my heart a pumping. From 100 yards out to the couple that have walked with inches of me when I sat on the ground.

put a 3-d deer target in the back yard to practice with about a month ago or so.. Well lets just say that same deer that I put up and shoot at hundreds of times has gave me the same heart exploding feeling 3 or 4 times.. I will just be pulling into my driveway or walking into the back yard and "HOLY CRAP" a deer...
Old 10-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

well I think for me, it has come to a point where I don't want to shoot every deer I see. alot of guys hunt every year for the monster buck, me I like to hold off but I love to watch deer. Be it a button buck, doe and fawn a little buck, doesn't matter. to be able to sit back and watch a deer, just be a deer is great.

but to me, nothing can compare to that exitement the first few years of deer hunting.

And when I see that doe or 4 point and say today is the day, as i am grabbing my bow or gun the exitement level raises. i promise you

Last edited by WNYhunter; 10-20-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am 48 and been hunting for 10 or so years. My heart rate still goes up some when a nice deer gets close...
Old 10-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Spike

I am 31, been hunting for 4 years and every single deer I see, be it crossing the road in front of me or while up a tree, my heart rate still goes through the roof!!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

I'm still a youngin (20) but just thinking about a deer gets my heart going! Or even thinking about a moment when I shot a deer. I think about that stuff just for fun sometimes to get that rush again and feel like I'm back in that moment. It's what keeps me going out to the woods even after I've filled my buck tag this year Lol. Only thing I hate is that my damn right leg sometimes shakes uncontrollably that has gotten me busted a couple times haha
Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Fork Horn

27 years old as of last monday. I was out in the woods on friday 10-15-10 and had my heart race when a doe and fawn stepped out. Since I just got a new bow I thought about shooting the fawn, but later decided not to. I have been hunting since I was 12 and still get excited over any deer that I think I am going to shoot. Have killed bucks and does, but the excitement never leaves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.