Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sickening Poachers >

Sickening Poachers

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sickening Poachers

Old 10-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Spike

that is sick i had buck took i shot on oct.1 by the time i got to the buck someone had took it talk about being sick i was
Old 10-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

We had a poaching "ring" get busted in my area a few years ago. They were spotlighting the deer at night and shooting the big bucks, then after a day or two would come back to where they shot it and collect their "bounty". That sounds an awful lot like what you have going on up there, its just too dangerous for them to shoot and collect the deer in the same night (in case someone heard the shots). Hope they catch whoever is doing it, I know how it feels to lose a 3 year old investment like a 150 class buck...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Hopefully they will catch whoever is doing that. Keep us updated on what you find out.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Spike

I wish you luck catching them!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by IOWABUCKHUNTR
We had a poaching "ring" get busted in my area a few years ago. They were spotlighting the deer at night and shooting the big bucks, then after a day or two would come back to where they shot it and collect their "bounty". That sounds an awful lot like what you have going on up there, its just too dangerous for them to shoot and collect the deer in the same night (in case someone heard the shots). Hope they catch whoever is doing it, I know how it feels to lose a 3 year old investment like a 150 class buck...
I'm thinking this is what they are doing. I can't think of any other reason why they would just let a deer lay there besides being a sick individual. The Game Warden is getting them picked up before they can get back to them.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Spike

Well guys no word on whether they have been caught yet. I almost want to go out there myself and try and catch them. Hopefully they wouldn't be crazy enough to shoot at me. I will keep you guys posted.