Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Washing Hunting Gear? >

Washing Hunting Gear?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Washing Hunting Gear?

Old 10-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Washing Hunting Gear?

I was just wondering how often you put you hunting clothes threw the washer throughout the hunting season. I mean using scent-away detergent o course. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Fork Horn

it depends on how much I think I sweat during the hunt. Usually every other hunt.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

I wash my clothes every time I wear them, which sucks because it's hard on the clothes and camo is expensive. But I don't want to cut any corners. Usually I'll wash them in scent free soap on a short cycle in cold water and then hang them out on the line to dry. Once they're dry, I'll bag 'em up.

Also, it's not just sweat you have to worry about. We shed millions of skin cells a minute and deer can smell those cells collected on our hunting clothes. Just to be safe, I wash them every time.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

+1
plus in the "BIG" ziplock bag that I put my clothes in, I have a self made Fresh Earth scent dispenser.

Originally Posted by Brian K
I wash my clothes every time I wear them, which sucks because it's hard on the clothes and camo is expensive. But I don't want to cut any corners. Usually I'll wash them in scent free soap on a short cycle in cold water and then hang them out on the line to dry. Once they're dry, I'll bag 'em up.

Also, it's not just sweat you have to worry about. We shed millions of skin cells a minute and deer can smell those cells collected on our hunting clothes. Just to be safe, I wash them every time.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

I wash mine about every 3-4 hunts, but I keep them in a big storage tub that I keep sprayed with scent eliminator (homemade).
I wash them on a gentle cycle, use unscented soap, and run 1/4c baking soda in on the fabric softener cycle.
It works for me, my camo is getting old but still works well, and it's easy to do on my schedule.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Play the wind and use rubber boots!