HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Illuminocks (sp) Lighted nocks (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/332229-illuminocks-sp-lighted-nocks.html)

travis_ranger2000 10-19-2010 01:03 PM

Illuminocks (sp) Lighted nocks

I see alot of hunters on these hunting shows using these nocks that light up, I'm not sure if they know this but you can not enter a record book buck into the POPE AND YOUNG club if you use these on a kill. This is what my official POPE AND YOUNG scorer told me last year. I have never used them,, but I like the idea! How many of you use them and how many knew that?

V8Ranger 10-19-2010 04:26 PM

I use them and love them. I don't see how that affects anything. All it does is make it easier to see where your shot hit. Its not a heat seeker... It doesn't give you the ability to see at dusk or at night. They activate after the shot.... Don't make sense to me. I don't much care if my name is in a record book anyway. The only person it has to be a trophy to is me. Sure it would be nice, but I wont give up my tracers or luma noks. Just my opinion anyway....

takedownfreak123 10-19-2010 04:56 PM

I just started to use them this year and love them! I knew that about pope and young which I don't understand it. I rather know were I hit the deer and make a good recovery than have it in the books. I am able to make a lot better judgement of how long I should wait before I track the deer.

Krypt Keeper 10-19-2010 05:13 PM

I make my own and love them. Got to see them in action this past weekend on my first bow kill.

if the deer is big enough to be in the books it will be on my wall.

Think I read something about using electronic equipment that makes then no allowed in. Personally I dont see the big deal, as it doesn't effect anything in your shooting.

UPHunter08 10-20-2010 06:04 AM

I used them for the first time this year and got one opening weekend. It was great knowing where I hit without a doubt as it gave enough information to know how long to wait before tracking (didn't go far anyway at any rate).

Re: P&Y rules...I could care less if it's in a record book, but it's still a dumb rule IMO.

mgreen81 10-20-2010 06:10 AM

What if you have them installed but the arrow you use the nock didn't light up?

UPHunter08 10-20-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by mgreen81 (Post 3705879)
What if you have them installed but the arrow you use the nock didn't light up?

Check the contacts, and if they're OK you probably need a new battery. They're supposed to last something like 10 hours, but mine was dead after only an hour or two.

wallhangr 10-20-2010 07:31 AM

I'm willing to bet that if one of those "pros" saw what they thought was a record book buck walking in his/her direction, an arrow w/o a lighted nock would be on the string....if they cared about such things.

V8Ranger 10-20-2010 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by wallhangr (Post 3705943)
I'm willing to bet that if one of those "pros" saw what they thought was a record book buck walking in his/her direction, an arrow w/o a lighted nock would be on the string....if they cared about such things.

Ya, your probably right. If its just a big buck, they use the lighted nok and give them there plug on the show. If its a possible record, they probably grab the other arrow with a regular nok...

UPHunter08 10-20-2010 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by V8Ranger (Post 3706048)
Ya, your probably right. If its just a big buck, use the lighted nok and give them there plug on the show. If its a possible record, they probably grab the other arrow with a regular nok...

Hehe...maybe for some guys. P&Y never even crosses my mind. I have no interest in it for whatever reason. FWIW, my hunting arrows have luminoks, so that's what's getting shot. ;)

Still seems like a strange rule...may as well ban fiber optic sights while you're at it.