Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
All Gone. Stand, Ladder, but left the locks. >

All Gone. Stand, Ladder, but left the locks.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All Gone. Stand, Ladder, but left the locks.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too use a hang on with climbing stick. I just take the bottom two stick's (each 4' long) out with me, that way they have to really work to get the stand out. Here in Wis. it is now legal to leave stands in for the duration of the season.
Though they do have to have the hunters name and I think the ID number on them.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
I too use a hang on with climbing stick. I just take the bottom two stick's (each 4' long) out with me, that way they have to really work to get the stand out. Here in Wis. it is now legal to leave stands in for the duration of the season.
Though they do have to have the hunters name and I think the ID number on them.
Really? I did not know this. Thanks for the info! B/c I usually take my climber but one spot was getting really annoying carrying my stand way to the backside of the woods
Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Because it's not legal to leave your stand on public property overnight maybe you should ask the game warden if they took it.
here you can leave one all season on public land if you desire legally, we always put ours out the night/afternoon before a hunt,,,don't nail anything to a tree though....my best stands are lockons with drilled steps, i take my pins in with me in the morning and they leave with me when i'm done. i haven't had a stand stollen in years...climbers are great...they give you great versitilty...reall the best way to go

BTW best of luck on the house closing
Old 10-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

I had a stand stolen from me off of three years ago and whoever stole the thing was also nice enough to leave the cable and the lock hanging from a branch on the tree right next to where the stand was hanging. So I definetly know how you feel. I know here in nebraska you can leave you stand up on public ground through the season but the only catch is that basically it is free game so if someone happens to stumble across your stand before you get to it they have all the right to sit in that stand since it is hanging on public ground.

Last edited by palmergt3; 10-21-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
Because it's not legal to leave your stand on public property overnight maybe you should ask the game warden if they took it.

because you didn't do your homework, and it may have been legal, you should refrain from posting negative stuff
Old 10-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bloodsaw
because you didn't do your homework, and it may have been legal, you should refrain from posting negative stuff

POW! good answer!